Injured Rider – please read this.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Injured Rider – please read this.
  • DrP

All things working out, I’m planning on heading away from Worthing ‘some time’ on Saturday am, and riding westward to meet this rabble! Will then ride back along the SDW with them for a bit…

Not sure how far I’ll go but let’s cross fingers for sunshine!

DrP

TimP

Not sure we will get sunshine, but it looks like we have wind

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

It wasn’t all smiles by the end but huge sense of achievement as most of us had never ridden the SDW before.

Bikes ranged from a 170mm travel FS to a rigid hard tail finish times from 12 to 18 hours.

Was a tad blowy and while a 40mph tail wind is useful it’s not great when it’s a side wind on a fast descent or a headwind on a climb.

So, 1400 miles ridden by #teamcortado in a day for Chris.

If you haven’t already please use the link at the top to donate some money for mobility solutions for Chris.

witterings

Not sure if you’re in touch with him directly but if he may want to take a look at Canine Partners, having been on hold for a while I believe they’ve very recently opened up their waiting list.

I’ve helped this charity on a voluntary basis for 2 1/2 years and have 1st hand seen the huge difference it can make to someone’s life not only from a physical but also an emotionally supportive perspective.

Homepage

Absolutely incredible animals!!

Wishing Chris all the very best for the future.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Thank you witterings – I’ll pass it onto Chris. He’s not returned home from the rehabilitation unit yet so I think this would be very much a long term thing if he were to look at it but as a dog owner I understand the emotional comfort owning one can bring and I can see how one might be of practical help too.

witterings

No problem … the waiting list though is a long time, if it was something he may consider in the future it’d be worth at least going on the list … he can always withdraw down the line.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.