Inhaling salt/grit whilst out riding on road

Home Forum Bike Forum Inhaling salt/grit whilst out riding on road

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inhaling salt/grit whilst out riding on road
  • sputnik

Anyone else noticed this. The cars driving over the grit grind it into fine pounder and this is what I have been tasting when out on my road bike.
    Woke up this morning and terribly congested, haven’t stopped blowing my nose as it is constantly running and I have an itch in the back of my nose.
    I don’t get hay fever but this must be what it feels like.
    How bad is this for one?

Did you get his numberplate? Clearly a case of A-salt

Nevermind the driver(s), I will sue the council ! 😉

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable

No but I got some in my eye the other day, it was a tad ouchy.

Premier Icon grtdkad

Face covered in an unpleasant mix of salt and brine on a couple of wet road link sections. Minging.

sue god, it’s not the councils fault that the weather is cold and icey

The salt dust is probably carrying bacteria into your lungs; let’s hope they are not antibiotic resistant!

Mark N

Salt is a preservative so you will be fine. 🙂

It’s all part of the ‘season’… :mrgreen:

I wouldn’t worry seeing as you spend all day breathing in PM10s, rubber dust, burnt jet fuel, formaldehyde and other indoor pollutants.

I have to ride past a quarry on my commute, lots of dust/grit/grime on the road whatever the weather so hopefully the salt will kill off any nasties.

Googling “salt inhalation” gave a list of possible benefits and adverts for inhalers and places you can go to sit in a “salt room”.

So it’s good for you. (Or possibly does nothing at all with the inhalers and rooms being a load of respiratory-tractic homeo-practic woo.)

And straying off topic for a moment, you seem to have a cold.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inhaling salt/grit whilst out riding on road’ is closed to new replies.