Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Info re classifieds,for sale page please.
  • pipiom
    Free Member

2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC for sale, loads of upgrades, approx 7k build:

Size XL (5’10-6’2″)
    Carbon frame
    1×10 XTR drivetrain with 42t expander and Raceface 30t chainring
    XTR brakes
    Fox 34 Kashima 150mm fork
    Fox shock
    American Classic hubs laced to Ryde Trace Enduro (30mm) rims/Magic Mary front tyre/Hutchinson Toro rear.
    Reverb stealth dropper
    Easton Haven 760mm Carbon bars/Thompson 50mm stem.

I’m going to sell my 2014 Tallboy LTC. (Details above)What is the procedure for putting it in the for sale page (how do you get paid etc)

I can’t put pics on, only the links via Imgur (iPhone iPad only) will this be ok.

What would a fair starting price be?

I know I’m shite but I’ve never done this before and there could be web carnage if I don’t get help.

tomhoward

Start by putting a stealth ad in the main forum.

tthew

There’s a link up there called ‘classified rules’. Tells you all you need to know.

More subtle than the usual stealth advert, well done.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve never done this before

First time eh?

This won’t hurt a bit.

😈

pipiom
    Free Member

Oops….at least you know it’s me and there’s no way I’m websmart enough for any of those shinanigans

v666ern
    Free Member

Pack it up into a big box, the mods will give you a number then send it onto STW towers and they then auction it for the highest price for you

coomber
    Free Member

I’m going to sell my 2014 Tallboy LTC. (Details above)What is the procedure for putting it in the for sale page (how do you get paid etc)

I can’t put pics on, only the links via Imgur (iPhone iPad only) will this be ok.

What would a fair starting price be?

Accept payment however you want, but buyers will usually want potection if you are posting it so likely paypal. If selling in person cash etc fine.

Link to pics ok but best imbed them if you can as it’ll help sell

Fair starting price? If you are auctioning it there’s a great website for that… eBay.

If you are selling on here at a fixed price check what others are selling for on eBay, this and other forums or just list at a price that you want to sell. No offence but it’s not rocket science.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Not being rude but is that really a 7k build?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Stevet1 – Member

Not being rude but is that really a 7k build?

Probably stolen.

damascus
    Free Member

If you really have no idea what it’s worth your best bet it to eBay it and let the market decide the value.

Or, if you know what you paid for it, you could do like a few others have and ask for a ridiculous amount of money on the grounds that it’s almost new in which case you won’t have any offers.

Or pitch it in way under value and have 15 people try to bite your hand off.

If it’s as good as it looks do some research. See what other bikes have sold for on here, pinkbike and eBay and then test the water on the classifieds section.

tomhoward

Link to pics ok but best imbed them if you can as it’ll help sell

Having seen the OPs new bike, I’d maybe advise against pics…

superstu
    Free Member

I don’t believe anyone when they say what’s it worth? It’s very subjective but you wills be a price your comfortable getting rid of it for. If not then just eBay it and you’ll get whatever.

If I offer you £20 will you sell it? No. So you obviously have some idea.

njee20
    Free Member

So the question is “how do I use the for sale page?”. Listing the full spec of your bike is utterly pointless in this.

Stick it on eBay for £1, it’ll find its value.

tomhoward

Listing the full spec of your bike is utterly pointless in this.

Well, it’s not entirely pointless, young padawan…

njee20
    Free Member

Well, no, but it’s solely for the OP’s gain.

It’s the one thing I think Bike Radar has right – no “what’s it worth?” Threads.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Post the bike to me, when it arrives I’ll send you a cheque. Simples.

…also, can we see a pick of your colour-matched riding kit for this bike, laid out on the floor.. 😆 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Info re classifieds,for sale page please.’ is closed to new replies.