Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inflating a tubeless tyre
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Trying to inflate a tubeless mud x on to a mavic tubless ready rim can i do it with a track pump or do i need a compressor been at it for an hour am knakered

cynic-al
    Free Member

Advice will follow any effort at punctuation.

TheFlyingOx

youcoulddoitifyoupumpreallyreallyquickly

scaredypants

valve core out
    plenty fairy liquid round rim & bead
    pump her 'til she chunders (TM Flasheart)

Weasel
    Free Member

I ran out of patience and use the air pump down the petrol station, inflates in seconds.

IA

As long as you've a decent track pump, just give it mad pumps till it pops on. If it doesn't go straight away you need something else. Possible fairy liquid, or a rimstrip.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Give up and put a tube in will try again in the week

TooTall
    Free Member

put tube in, inflate, leave overnight. pop tube out, put goop in, inflate in a few easy strokes. nae worries.

igm

Make sure you pull the bead open over the valve (otherwise the air doesn't flow into the tyre) and then holding it in one hand (fingers under the rim, thumb on the tyre) will let you feel whether the air is going in and let you gently flex the tyre to improve the inflation. One hand on the track pump is sufficient.

Works for me with Flows or ghetto and MudX (TLR), RevoltSuperX (TLR), Fat Albert (standard) or High Rollers (standard) and a Joe Blow Sport.

I reckon it's as much technique as effort – 'cos it gets easier each time I do it.

Bat1
    Free Member

bb i have a compressor if you need it!!!pop up and i'll do it

Ringo
    Free Member

BB i can do my mud x with a pump are you using plenty of soapy water? Would be a piece of piss with the compressor though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inflating a tubeless tyre’ is closed to new replies.