Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Inflatable Tent Pump Question(s)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We have a Coleman inflatable tent – which has worked very nicely. However, the pump we got with it is a bit of a rubbish design, in that the manometer sits in line between the handle and the tube that connects to the ports in the tent. It means it gets a bit of wear and now, the lugs that “lock” have worn/snapped off. Means I kinda have to guess how well inflated the tent is. Fine I’m the cooler weather but a bit worried I might over-inflate in warm weather. Also, it’s just a pain in the arse having to hold everything together as the pressure builds and it all just wants to come apart.

I’ve seen a few better designs available cheaply enough on Amazon/etc. Are the tube connectors all a standard size? They all look like they’re the same size twist’n’lock design. I guess they may connect differently to the tent but I can use the Coleman tube for that as long as it’ll connect to the pump.

EDIT: Came to edit but see it’s been done already. Thanks Mods.

takisawa2

The Go-Outdoors one is pretty good. Certainly as good as our Kampa one.

CountZero

The Decathlon pump I got with my inflatable tent impressed me greatly, it moved a lot of air and I had the whole tent up in minutes.
    It’s double-action, which makes things go quicker, and it’s taller than most such pumps, which makes it more comfortable to use.
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/52-l-hand-pump-id_8243066.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable Tent Pump Question(s)’ is closed to new replies.