Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Inflatable hot tub insulated covers?
  • ed34
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for inflatable hot tub insulated covers?

Found these 2

https://cwtchy-covers.co.uk/

https://inflatablehottubthermalcovers.com/

Anybody used them, or other companies?

My DIY cool bag over the pump, and foam mats over the lid is saving about 70p a day according to the energy monitor plug, so a proper fitting one and a jacket for the sides should be cost effective within a year

Thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What you want is a massive rubber, to keep the spunk from dribbling down the sides.

scuttler

Also interested in insulation and spunk drain products.

fossy

70p a day saving is quite a bit. Ours probably costs £5 or £6 a day to run.

Ours is within a wooden gazebo that’s covered, so out of the wind. We’ve currently got all the outdoor furniture cushions on the top of it (dry storage). I might try kingspan or something similat over the top.

I’d assume you’ve got to remove the side jackets, as you’ll only get water going over the side between both.

IHN

Meanwhile, on the Heat Source Pump and Climate Change threads…

ed34
    Free Member

I’d assume you’ve got to remove the side jackets, as you’ll only get water going over the side between both.

I think you leave them on, the fabric pouch the insulation is in is waterproof, and they’re supposed to be a snug fit so would any water getting down the sides matter?

70p a day also includes putting a better mat underneath (interlocking kids foam play tiles!) which I forgot in the first post, but can feel some heat loss from the sides so been looking at the insulated jackets.

franksinatra

£5 or £6 a day to run

Wow. That is nuts. I knew sex ponds were expensive but I genuinely had no idea they were that expensive.

Funny old world.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ours probably costs £5 or £6 a day to run

Holy ****

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sous Vide semen. Delectable.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Just checked and I used £40 electricity last month for a three bedroom granite house built in the 1940’s.
    So £5 * 30 days = £150 a month to run an inflatable hot tub, that can’t be right!!!

matt_outandabout

So £5 * 30 days = £150 a month to run an inflatable hot tub, that can’t be right!!!

Value depends on how much jiggy jiggy you get by having a sex pond.

Harry_the_Spider

I’d want water with the viscosity of custard if I was getting a fiver a day’s worth out of it.

ed34
    Free Member

Yeah are you sure that right? Ours is set at 37 degrees, works out at 2.35 a day with the kids using it nearly every day. Hopefully more side and kid5 insulation will knock it down a chunk more

Philby

Sous Vide semen. Delectable.

Just caused a coffee:keyboard interface.

steveb

Obscene wastes of energy like this should be banned.

fossy

It’s probably £3 a day. Add in the teens gaming machines…ouch. Our total electric is £160 a month normally. The dry is used reglaar as well. I think insulating the motor is a great idea. Underneath additionally insulated already, and it’s protected from any loss through wind.

I’m thinking of adding a kingspan type top, enable it to be folded – The existing top is insulated to some extent, but you can always make it better.

ed34
    Free Member

Obscene wastes of energy like this should be banned.

I agree! Please come round and tell that to my wife and kids!

fossy

Same here, tell the wife please.

Then again, who drives round in a massive car or van, buys bikes like underpant changes, etc etc.

I’ve made sure ours doesn’t waste too much energy through environmental loss (i.e. it’s not just sat on the patio) – I’ve warned my BIL about increased leccy since he got his recently.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a naive question, but do you have to keep them warm all the time then?

And how often do you use them?

I’d want water with the viscosity of custard

I presume they get like that anyway if you don’t change the water (y’know, with love custard).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable hot tub insulated covers?’ is closed to new replies.