Independent watch shops near derby.

Home Forum Chat Forum Independent watch shops near derby.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Independent watch shops near derby.
  • wrightyson

Way ot I know, anybody recommend a good jewellers for a seamaster quartz battery replacement?

Premier Icon rsvktm
    Subscriber

If you have a watch lab local, worth a look. Omega wanted 6 week turnaround, the jeweller couldn’t do in house and recommended them. Done in a couple of hours, with an clean up for the same price that omega charges. Omega dealers in the past have done them before for me but think omega stopped that and not sure independents can do the pressure testing needed.

wrightyson

It’s the wife’s watch, so will never see any real water unless she’s wearing it when she drowns. Doesn’t wear it everyday either so the fill pressure test probably isn’t a requirement, on the flipside though I don’t want some butcher down the market attacking it with his screwdrivers as it’s in lovely condition.

CountZero

not sure independents can do the pressure testing needed.

Generally speaking, if the watch isn’t going to be used for deep water diving, so long as the O-ring is undamaged and correctly lubed with silicon, then there should be no issues and it should be a lot cheaper.
    I’ve been told this by my goldsmith mate who frequently gets asked to change batteries in all sorts of watches, like Rolex, Omega, etc. The biggest issue is having the correct case-opening tool for certain watches.

km79

I thought the point of rolex, omega etc was that they didn’t have batteries, they were all fancy pants automatic self winding movements?

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber

CW Sellers – they’ve got a place in Ashbourne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.