Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Incredible Service ! 😳
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I had a 10+ year old Battered Leatherman Charge That had seen a lot of use and abuse.

It was getting difficult to open, and the tools were stiff and almost needed another tool to rotate them open.

Sent in for repair to Whitby & Co last week, hoping they would be able to dismantle and service it etc to make it more useable. And thinking I may strike it lucky if they did it for free as it wasn’t really a warranty issue, just hard use over a long period with no care etc

And this morning a parcel arrived containing a Brand New Leatherman Charge TTI

this is an updated model, and has more tools, and a far better blade, plus as it’s the Titanium version, it’s about half the weight of my old one.

Incredible Service. 👍

derek_starship
    Free Member

That is very good. Enjoy your new multitool.

rene59
    Free Member

Leatherman are great, that level of service is built into the price you pay for them. With their 25 year guarantee pretty much anything you send them will come back as a new version, except if you let them know the tool has sentimental value then they go all out to restore your original one and send you that back.

kormoran
    Free Member

Had the same sort of experience with a couple of ancient swiss army knives after reading about it on here. Sent off for service, came back as new. I think a couple of the tools were kept from the original, otherwise a complete rebuild. Very impressed!

onandon
    Free Member

Sometime paying more is better value long term.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“except if you let them know the tool has sentimental value then they go all out to restore your original one and send you that back.”

Didn’t know this. Been reluctant to send my blast off to be “replaced” as it’s engraved and has sentimental value as was bought for my 21st by an old boss/now good friend  and the guys in the shop I worked in at the time.

Still in daily use at work.

onehundredthidiot

Aye my skeletool is going off tomorrow as the pliers lost one side. Anything from a sorry to a fix to new would be good.

maccruiskeen

Sometime paying more is better value long term.

Doesn’t always matter how much you pay. Gerber replaced my £20 6 year old Suspension free of charge when I asked if it was possible to buy a spare for the chipped screwdriver blade. 25 year warrantee too apparently.

Bought a sidekick anyway because its a better shape 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

“except if you let them know the tool has sentimental value then they go all out to restore your original one and send you that back.”

Didn’t know this. Been reluctant to send my blast off to be “replaced” as it’s engraved and has sentimental value as was bought for my 21st by an old boss/now good friend and the guys in the shop I worked in at the time.

Still in daily use at work.

Sorry, should have checked before posting that. Seems they might not repair anymore, just replace with a new one. Their latest return form states they do not repair. It was a few years ago I sent mine away with a letter explaining the sentimental value, can’t recall what their return form said then but they replaced the knifeblade and flat screwdriver for me and sent back original. It does seem to be confusing between note 1 and note 8 though on their form which between them suggests they don’t but might do…

I’d call them first.

http://www.whitbyandco.co.uk/images/stories/documents/leatherman_warranty_returns_form_june18.pdf

nealglover
    Free Member

Aye my skeletool is going off tomorrow as the pliers lost one side. Anything from a sorry to a fix to new would be good.

It will be replaced with new.

Newest version too, if yours wa older version you may get a bonus like I did 👍

northshoreniall

Same last year with an about 20yr old super tool snapped blade – brand new one returned. Fantastic service I only found out from a random Facebook Post off mate, well pleased.

djambo
    Free Member

I had a similar experience with a Timbuk2 Messenger bag. After many years of abuse the velcro had lost its will to live. Sent it in and got a new model for my trouble in the post. Fantastic service!

myti
    Free Member

I had a similar thing with a Pure Dab radio.

Ambrose

Victorinox WILL always listen to your wishes re:refurb/ repair / replacement. Their after sales service is stunningly wonderful.

tartanscarf

I’ve had the same level of service from Leatherman. Clumsily snapped the screwdriver and sent it off with a note saying happy to pay as it’s user error. Also asked them to sharpen up a few blades etc. Brand new one arrives a week later!

lank45
    Free Member

Do you need any proof of purchase? I’ve a Leatherman with a smaller blade on it

richmtb

Same here I’ve got a Leatherman Charge which catches a bit when opening, I think one of the tools is a bit bent

Had it for about 10 years and the receipt is long gone.  It would be good to know if they would still fix it

northshoreniall

I wasn’t asked for proof of purchase, it was nearly 20yrs old. No issues at all

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Incredible Service ! 😳’ is closed to new replies.