Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Inconsistent XT brakes
  • lesgrandepotato

I’ve got the 2016/17 xt brakes and I’m getting inconsistent travel. Is this the beginning of the end or can they be rebuilt?
    If not then what am I looking for as a replacement set?

damascus
    Free Member

Some shimano brakes do this. You can try bleeding them again.

How long have you had them? If less than 2 years return them to the place you bought them from.

Are you winding the levers in for reach? Try them fully extended out and see if it still does this.

Have you reset the free stroke?

scotroutes

That’s them complete garbage now. If you want, I’ll take them off your hands. I’ll even pay postage.

Or you could bleed them.

Davesport

Any fluid escaping? Possibly pad knock off. Have you checked to make sure the disc is 100% straight, the caliper is central, pistons are free to move and aligned correctly with the disc?

endoverend

I know there’s been previous threads on this…I’ve tried to find a solution for mine that do the same, It’s like they need bleeding on a monthly basis. I suspect that they let air into the system somehow, perhaps through the pistons, as every time I bleed I find new air in the system – even though I chased it out on previous bleed through a variety of convoluted methods. I’m perservering with mine as liveable with at moment (and out of warranty), worst brakes I’ve ever had though and don’t like the notchy servo wave lever feel anyway. Will go back to Hope next time, previous sets of Hope once fitted have never needed to be touched again…bliss.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Inconsistent XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.