Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Inconsistent braking, whats the reason?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

My front brake is giving inconsistent braking forces. Its almost like 1/3 of the rotor is clean and the pads grab it strongly while the rest has some contaminant. Its also something like braking with rim brakes with a buckled rim…
    I’d have thought if it was contaminant then it would have spread round the whole rotor. Is it something like the thickness of the disc? Or the way it has been manufactured? I think I’ve had this problem with an old hope rotor (maybe shimano actually?)

Hope M4’s, new (fairly bedded in) superstar Kevlar pads, superstar 200mm vibe rotor. No problems with those parts previously.

Interestingly I used the same superstar rotors for a week in morzine and they suffered a huge amount of wear. So much so I’ve bought new ones. There a chance that they not been hardened properly? Or do the discs need gently bedding in as well as the pads? Hurling the bike down les gets might not have done them good in the long term?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

No-one has come across this before?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

contamination or uneven deposit s of pad material on the disc. clean / sand the disc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ok- I’ve had this – for a few reasons.

First – you mention new / different rotors. Is the problem exactly the same with the new and old rotors?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Inconsistent braking, whats the reason?’ is closed to new replies.