Home Forums Bike Forum Weeksy08 the ongoing racing trials and tribulations of a crazy teen

• This topic has 2,607 replies, 168 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Speeder.
Viewing 8 posts - 2,601 through 2,608 (of 2,608 total)
  • Weeksy08 the ongoing racing trials and tribulations of a crazy teen
    weeksy

weeksy

weeksy

So this weekend brought Pearce Cycles round 2, Bringewood in Shropshire. It’s a place we’ve been before and tested but not raced it. They have a number of tracks there and this was a variation on one he’s ridden but not much.

Sat we arrived nice and handy after the usual 3 hour drive and kitted up, sent him out and it was dry with some greasy, but not raining. There were some showers on and off but nothing much on the Sat. I stood and watched Les Gets world cup DH while he rode and rode… Things were going OK but he was struggling to match his mate George, however George is a bloody good rider (as you’ll see) and it’s no shame, it’s not like he was being gapped, just nicked a bit.
    Sunday was clear, dry and nice in the morning but plenty of threats of rain. This arrived just as 50% of the Youth had started, George his mate had set the fastest time and as the rain got more and more his time wasn’t being threatened by anyone, not even close actually.

The boy came down with a scrappy wet run and P19 on it, the rain and mud just getting harder as the riders came one after another.

Eventually around lunch it got drier, then drier and drier. the fast guys were now putting in fastest time of the day at 2.00 instead of the 2.20+ that most were hitting before that. The Juvenilies got a few dry riders but then, yup, the rain came again. And then more and more…. it looked like stopping but it was too late in truth, the track once again was proper wet.
    We’d fitted an Argotal on the front but left the Kryptotal on the back which should have suited if it hadn’t rained again. But the rear let him down a little compared to the Argotal front.
    He came down 2s quicker than run 1 and with a P10 on run2 (counts for Pearce points), but only improved 1 place as a few of the guys went quicker so ended 18th.

In reality we couldn’t have done a lot more on the weekend, he went up with the right rubber for each run when he left, but wasn’t right by the time he got there at the track bottom. Just one of those things really.
    George ended up getting the WIN !!! His first victory of note and it was ace to see. We’d spent the night before pitting with them at beers and banter flowing and the boys off in the wood/river etc doing kid things, so we were really happy for him.

Next week we move onto Dyfi on Sat and then the MIJ race at the Forest of Dean. Pick ourselves up and go again :)
    IMG-20240707-WA0010 by Steve Weeks[/url], on Flickr

weeksy

randr-photo-13709187-4000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks[/url], on Flickr

randr-photo-13709186-4000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks[/url], on Flickr

randr-photo-13744734-4000px-by-fstop-media by Steve Weeks[/url], on Flickr

Stevet1
    Free Member

I know it’s mid race run but we used to call those kind of t-bog attempts dick grabs. For a t-bog he needs to turn the bars 180 and lean right off the back of the bike but I expect he knows this.

weeksy

Honestly no idea mate.. I don’t get involved, that was more my terminology than his :)

Can’t turn the bars 180 with dual crowns :D  but they could turn more than they are, not that much though due to rubber bumpers :)

It was just him having fun in practice and i thought the pics looked cool, apparently he wasn’t impressed with them. :good:

Stevet1
    Free Member

Can’t turn the bars 180 with dual crowns :D 

Actually makes t-bogs easier as you can just lay back and turn the bars until the forks hit the bump stops. I know I’m being a bit of an idiot here but just remembering back to when I was learning them and I would get the piss royally ripped out of me for that so just passing the karma along :-)

Same with suicide’s – a proper sui requires commitment to leaning back and letting the front drop a little, it’s not just throwing your arms backwards there’s more to it than that. (for the dictionary entry see 1:34 into one of the greatest BMX videos of all time – https://youtu.be/YG9eLq-VM78?si=vAu8I7s1zjde22IN)

Speeder

Doesn’t it depend on when the shutter opens though – that could be only a partial T-Bog . . . .

then it’s just bad timing, not bad style.  :-)

Viewing 8 posts - 2,601 through 2,608 (of 2,608 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.