This won’t be the most exciting, but it’ll give a bit of insight into things and what’s now needed after a weekend. It may be boring for most so feel free to ignore… but for some setting out it may help.
The clean up begins.
3 x trousers
3 x jackets
2 x jerseys
5 x gloves
2 x goggles
1 x gazebo
2 x chairs
1 x power washer
2 x pair shoes
Things like the Gazebo need cleaning/drying… the chairs too. We don’t want to put them all away wet and horrible.
The kit needs cleaning on the work-stand first to get the muddy mess off, then it’ll get hand washed and then it’ll go in the washing machine to finish it off.
The boy has cleaned his shoes, i’ve done most of the kit needed. The van will be this afternoon, hoover, wash floors and clean up seats etc… the seats are not too bad as we mostly had clean kit on for them, but the mud gets everyhwere as i’m sure most on here know. It’ll all take a while later though that’s for sure. But he’s off school this week and nothing else to do today 😀
Lessons from the weekend.
1. We need more gloves, 4 pairs isn’t enough
2. We need more trousers, 2 pairs isn’t enough
3. We need a table, just for putting helmets, gloves, coffee, food etc on.. We have one but i forgot it and it’ll be mostly too small.
4. We need a spare front 29er x 20 wheel.
5. We need a 29er full on mud tyre. We only had a Magic Mary in soft compound for the front that was remotely suited to the conditions, the other fronts were arguably not as good.. Maybe something grippier would be nice.
6. AirBNB may be more expensive but i’m pretty sure we got a better nights kip than most of the adults who camped down the road. (However, we’re likely to be camping on the 15th lol)
7. Keeping goggle clean can be impossible, even with multiple tear-offs fitted.
The lad struggled a bit over the weekend with “i’m too slow, everyone is fast” and i’ve still not quite worked out how to get into his head with this stuff and fix him on the day. I know he’s quick, but it’s all relative of course, he’s not as quick as the quick boys in his Cat… but he’s far from rubbish lol. I wasn’t convinced at one stage he was going to go out for run 1. He was feeling that grumpy with it. But he got down it and certainly didn’t look rubbish to me.