Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • inbred/scandal owners + eff top tube general query
  • mancjon
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a rather basic question but as regards sizing on a bike is the effective top tube the best measurement to go by. I guess what i am asking is if 2 bikes, both hardtails, have the same eff top tube what else would effect how well the bike fits – head angle/seat tube angle etc.

I know that the answer if possible is to try out bikes but sometimes that isn’t always possible.

Second more specific query is to do with inbred/scandal frames. A lot of people on this forum say they are long in the TT. The geometry from the on one site –

C Effective Top Tube Horizontal (mm) 546 589 602 612

so the 18″ is 602 and the 20″ 612. But this doesn’t strike me as very long eg. the Cotic is 610 in a 19″ (only 2 mm short of the 20″ inbred). And the rockhopper is 615 for a 19″.

I found a thread (can’t find now) where it suggested that the on one measurments above were actually not effective ie. headtube horizontal to where it intersects the seatpost but actually headtube to top of seat tube which isn’t horizontal. Can anybody shed some light on this ?

thanks for any an all replies

brant
    Free Member

They are effective horizontal.

The 26in numbers you’re quoting there, and shown on our site are all 2mm shorter than the numbers I am looking at on drawings.

617mm on the 20in 26er

but…

619mm on the 19.5in 29er
    640mm on the 21in 29er!

mancjon
    Free Member

Brant

Well i guess you should know 🙂

Just to clarify you say they are 2mm shorter than your drawings but then say the 20″ 26er is 617mm. Shouldn’t that be either –

the figures i quoted are 5mm less than your drawings

or

the 20″ 26er is 614

not trying to be pedantic just want to be sure.

edit – as you are here, those figures are still not huge in terms of eff top tube compared to a lot of other makes of bike so is there any other reason why so many people say the inbred feels very long in the top tube ie. angles etc.

thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘inbred/scandal owners + eff top tube general query’ is closed to new replies.