Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Inbred – Sliding Dropout – Replacement !! :-(
  • icicleboy
    Free Member

So just investigating my clunking gears ahead of my bike tour next week when I discover that the gear hanger thread is shredded. That is why the gear line was out.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement gear hanger for an on-one sliding hanger frame ! This is what it looks like. The ones I can find on the on-one site look nothing like this !

cynic-al
    Free Member

No one other than On One I’d have thought.

You can repair the thread.

brant
    Free Member

Can you use a longer bolt and put a nut on the back?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I’d go with above and put a nut on the back and sort something when u get back

cynic-al
    Free Member

icicleboy – Member
    the gear hanger thread is shredded

brant – Member
    Can you use a longer bolt and put a nut on the back?

scruff9252

I just used one of these (last night in fact) to put gears on a Pompetamine.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dmr-chain-tugs-mech-hanger/rp-prod249

Only done 40km so can’t comment on longevity but seems good and no reason not to work on the Inbred. Quite content.

nemesis
    Free Member

You can get an insert with a new thread. You’ll have to drill / file the existing one to allow it to fit though.

I actually have the part you need that I could lend you but I’m packed up to move house and I don’t know where it is unfortunately.

sq225917
    Free Member

Why bother with all that complicated bollocks, I’ve already posted a link to the part.

andyl
    Free Member

Well they are posting to things I’ve already posted and even Brant seems to have got the wrong end of the stick so I don’t think anyone is paying attention! 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

Apparently so…

brant
    Free Member

I’m not sure if that dropout is right seeing as I actually drew the on one ones myself. On my CAD package.

tubthumped
    Free Member

Goldtec…?

Northwind

If On One don’t sell them, go round and poo down their chimney.

icicleboy
    Free Member

Phoned On-one this morning and they are checking. Sent em a pic. The one above looks similar.
    Might be able to get my one re-threaded.
    Appreciate all the help people!! Am hoping to take this (my only) bike on a tour round cornwall starting next Monday

brant
    Free Member

Sorry – I misunderstood. It’s the thread for the rear mech that’s damaged, not the bit where the bolts attatch it to the frame?

If it’s the rear mech thread, then Andyl’s link will work.

icicleboy
    Free Member

So I would need to drill out the old thread and glue the new one in place? Or does it screw into the what looks like it could be the other half? Anyone used this replacement kit before?

brant
    Free Member

Yeah – you run a drill through, clean the broken thread out. Then that doofer pushes in from the back.

icicleboy
    Free Member

Update: Richard at On-One is still searching for what he described as ‘the holy grail’ of dropouts. Should be worth having a spare to hand though.

placid_casual
    Free Member

When I bought my sliding drop-out frame from On-One (May ’06), I tried only about a month later to buy this part from them.
    I was told a story of why that would be the only run of that design and it was suggested I called Orange and ask them for the part.
    I did, bought one, chucked it in the shed and it has been there ever since…

takisawa2

A 10mm quick release (like the superstar one) is the same thread, I cleaned up the thread on my commuter with one.

sq225917
    Free Member

Brant just cos you des

sq225917
    Free Member

Brant it’s entirely feasible that some OEM cloned your part design, you know how it works out there, no rules no regulation.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Inbred – Sliding Dropout – Replacement !! :-(’ is closed to new replies.