Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Inappropriate tunes for a funeral
  • one_bad_mofo

Over 30 years ago I started work in a crematorium and the conversations at home went along the lines of what music would you want played at your funeral? My dad told me he wanted Dr and the Medics version of Spirit in the Sky. I’m guessing it appealed to his silly sense of humour.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago. We’re all sitting in the crematorium where I used to work and as it’s time to leave over the speakers comes “When I die and they lay me to rest I’m going to the place that’s the best…”

I laughed out loud. My dad a legend.

militantmandy
    Free Member

Yob’s “Beauty in Falling Leaves”.

A man of fine taste. I think I’ll go Marrow. Maybe even the surprisingly good acoustic one.

desperatebicycle

My ol man had a lot of mental health issues towards the end of his life. Big bro chose the songs for the funeral and the box went into the furnace to Free’s Alright Now. A song my dad loved and was highly appropriate 🙂

I’d have Pixies “Dead” and clipping, “A Body for the Pile”
    …but for inappropriate, something totally inconsiderate to the older mourners like Death Grips – Guillotine (It goes Yah)

Sandwich

The Verve’s “The drugs Don’t Work” for those just leaving palliative care!

richmtb

Condolences OP.

Who’s got a match by Biffy Clyro has to be pretty high on the most inappropriate list.

tjagain

Sandwich – thats savage 🙂

Julie and I had fun thinking up the most inappropriate jokes and songs for her wake. In the end tho I only used the mildest of the jokes not wanting to offend anyone.

Sandwich

@tjagain It took a while to come up with and no it’s not appropriate for actual use.

duncancallum

Drowning pool and bodies? That’d work?

The verve is savage

Harry_the_Spider

Update…

Funeral was yesterday.

We found a letter written by my mum detailing what she wanted. The “exit music” was Nimrod followed by Time To Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman. On reflection a better piece than Smoke Gets in Your Eyes.

I’m going to depart to Songs of Love by The Divine Comedy or Good Riddance by Green Day, followed by The Imperial March form Star Wars. My missus has picked Life on Mars by Bowie.

scud
    Free Member

An old army mate of mine who’s nickname was “animal”, has it in his will to have his coffin to come into the theme music from the Muppets, followed by last piece of music being “itsy, witsy, teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini” his only reasoning is that it will annoy the hell out of his family and make his mates laugh!

IHN

Funeral was yesterday.

Hope it went okay fella.

Personally I’d like Disco Inferno, because I think it would make people laugh

jonjones262
    Free Member

an old friend had “This girl is on fire” as she was lowered into the cremation pit

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

frankconway

Hell’s Bells.

mboy
    Free Member

My Grandad always joked he held the ambition to die of a heart attack inbetween a prostitutes legs… AC/DC’s – You shook me all night long would have been ideal I think!

tjagain

Julie thought about using this

isto
    Free Member

Anyone said Norma Tamega- You’re Dead yet? Great song as well!

jamj1974

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go?

Living In a Box?

Nobody Gets Out of Here Alive

Stayin’ Alive

dave661350

A chap I knew never got over the loss of his son, so took his own life by jumping off a bridge spanning the M62 (Up past Scammonden Dam if you know it) He had R Kelly, ‘I believe I can fly’ played at his. I kid you not.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Anyone said Norma Tamega- You’re Dead yet? Great song as well!

I’m in, but i want the coffin to pop open and laszlos swallowed harmonica clipe to play.

I think i might go for give a little bit nice song but “give a little bit of your life to me” would raise a smile.

and for gettgn the tears flowing

gordimhor

Knock on wood

MoreCashThanDash

For sheer cheese, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go is now a strong contender

burntembers

Losing my religion – REM

I told you I was ill – Therapy?

John Lennon is my Jesus Christ – Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard

In hell I’ll be in good company – The Dead South

For me personally I would like Days by the Kinks at mine, but after reading this thread I might change that to Burning Love!

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.