Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Inappropriate commuters
  • huws
    Free Member

Hybrids and panniered up audex bikes are all very practical but by Jove they’re dreary. Anyone else prefer something a little less practical but infinitely more fun of a morning?

Show and tell time!

Mine. The chiropractors dream.

wwaswas

the water must taste lovely on a wet commute 😉

I’d drop your rear light a bit too!

D0NK

guy near me commutes on a orange 223, triple clamps and even one of those brake arms to prevent bake jack, coz those kerbs on bury road can play merry hell with your suspension. did I mention he’s a pavement rider?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rocketman
    Free Member

Worth at least an extra 15 mins in bed compared to the car

Jamie
    Free Member

This:

acidchunks

Bounced in on my heckler this morning!

😀

wwaswas

Working at home means low standards;

duckman

I see a guy in the morning on a kona stab,l assume,judging by the boots vis vest and council overalls he is going to the local depot,wonder if he feels sea sick when he gets there?

huws
    Free Member

the water must taste lovely on a wet commute

I have an emergency mudguard for such eventualities, more importantly it’s only 4 miles I can just about handle that without needing a drink.

takisawa2

Inappropriate commuter…

Fox by pten2106, on Flickr

Our Kona Cargo-Bike. I took some of the school’s nursery bike fleet home for the weekend to servce/fix some flats etc. Monday’s commute was…fun. 🙂

And dont I look young for my age.

IMAG1282 by pten2106, on Flickr

cr500dom
    Free Member

Mine when I first got it

Now has cut down white risers, blue Oury grips and BMX brake levers

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve three bikes, of which one is meant to be my commuter bike. However it depends what sort of mood I’m in on the day before, so I can pick from either my Spesh Camber, my Marin Wolf Ridge, complete with 160mm forks or my Orange Pure 7 with low profile tyres and Pikes.

Right now, the Orange is parked at the back of the office. The only concession to the tarmac is the tyre pressures which are currently 60psi.

brakes
    Free Member

rode in this morning on my Soul because I had a tear in the tyre of my normal commuter (fixed road bike). will be riding both of them home tonight at the same time, which will be interesting. don’t think I can strap one of them to my back.

ThePinkster

There’s a guy in my office who commutes daily on an original Orange Clockwork complete with the original canti’s etc, and another who is regularly seen arriving on his Ms Isle.

No, I don’t work at Orange HQ either.

tomhoward

I once commuted on a GT IT1 (46lb, triple clamped, gearboxed, sticky tyred, 9″ travel DH bike).

Once being the word to note here. Damn near killed me!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Almost took out a guy in full aero tuck on his P-X TT bike this morning. Obviously his tuck was more important than checking right on a roundabout at rush hour 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to see a bloke on an ancient grandad bike out in the countryside which had tri bars fitted, and he was wearing baggies and a full face helmet. Whilst on the tri bars.

Northwind

I used my Soda for a couple of weeks this year- rigid carbon forks, dropper post, ice spikers. Ideal! But not much fun leaving it in the bike rack, I was always slightly surprised it was all still there when I came back.

6 scottish winters by race-tuned SV650 too, never dull. Oh, you can’t drive the 1 mile to work because it snowed? And it’s too far to walk?

tomhoward

oh, and I used to live in a same building as a guy who commuted on a unicycle.

cr500dom
    Free Member

When I worked at Dunton, there was a guy there that used to commute in from Brentwood on a Longboard Skateboard 😯

Saccades
    Free Member

Mk1 Pompino pretending to be a pompetamine with added bingo bars.

klumpy
    Free Member

This year I’ve seen a proper sized penny farthing, a unicycle, a mother and son on a tandem (she obviously thinks he isn’t getting beaten up enough at school) a revolting narrow barred emo brakeless fixie with a kiddie seat and toddler (no brakes remember!), and one of those ‘two bikes welded one on top of the other contraptions’.

Still, compared to TdF style hot pants and drop bars at least they’re showing some imagination.

ratherbeintobago

One of my colleagues occasionally commutes on her Yeti 575.

ads678

This is my commuter & XC bike and rides with the family bike!!

[/url][/img]

Usually ride in along the canal tow path but it’s pretty fast on the road as well.

I do sometimes ride in on the 5 if a fancy a play on the way home though.

peterfile
    Free Member

I used to pass a chap some mornings who was riding a very noisy Super 8 😯

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Owing to general laziness since a mixed surface trip, my Thorn is currently sporting : 2.3″ Marathon XRs, 3 bottle cages, front and rear racks and my usual bodged Crudcatcher front/rear combo. This is in addition to about 3″ of stem stackers, and gearing giving me a max on the flat speed of about 25mph @90RPM.

I carry about 5 Kgs of stuff 8 miles each way in the sun using a single front pannier on the rear rack and all my remaining water bottles are so crap I don’t use them.

In my mechanicing days I once saw a guy using a 24″ wheel DH rig of some sort with 3″ slicks and tripleclamps to do a couple of miles around London each day… To be fair, hucking whole flights of steps must be useful!

EDIT: ^^^yeah that looks about right!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Inappropriate commuters’ is closed to new replies.