Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • In your face VAG owners…
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Drove to Sheffield from Nottingham today as somehow Planet X managed to send me a crank arm that was a different length to the drive side one…

140BHP and managed 70MPG!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well done, have a smiley face. 🙂

wool

You what??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fenred
    Free Member

Your IP needs a good dust.

chilled76
    Free Member

Think that’s sneeze residue 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

I imagine the fact that pretty much the entire journey is motorway with a 50 limit might have helped a lot.

jam-bo

I didn’t drive anywhere in either of my 140 bhp VAG cars today, so used no fuel at all, and they depreciated less.

In your face, loser.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust a trio computer as far as I could throw it.
    Show me 10,000 miles worth of properly kept records and I’ll take some notice. 🙂
    Yes. I do have that, and more, for more than one vehicle.

fenred
    Free Member

Think that’s sneeze residue

*queezy* 😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pete, you’re as sad as I am. 60,000 miles logged in the astra I just got rid of. Average for that was 54.04 mpg.

wiggles
    Free Member

Misread the title…

Mister-P
    Free Member

So you drove from Nottingham to Sheffield (and I assume back again) because someone sent you the wrong thing and you are happy about this? Some people are weird.

wors

Errr whats VAG?

chilled76
    Free Member

Needed it sorting ASAP due to a ride I’m on tomorrow.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wors – Volksvagen/Audi Group cars. Dunno if it stands for that but that’s what it refers to.

Onza – Yep. I’m a fuel geek and proud. 🙂

slowoldman

Um… What in (or on)?

chilled76
    Free Member

Civic 2.2 icdti

Trekster

Saw plenty fuel geeks whenI was a mech but the weirdest was the tyre wear geek. Measured at 4 points and full width!

SBrock
    Free Member

who gives a folk – seriously are people that sad?

SBrock
    Free Member

yep my VAG diesel hatchback is regularly out on the trip computer 2.5 mpg

does 55.7 mpg with 225 bhp – not that I’m bothered like or have to tell the world!

chilled76
    Free Member

Only checked mine once on a tank of fuel and it seemed pretty spot on.

Never got it to read that high though, the 50mph limit from jct28 up to 34 is what caused it.

stumpy01

Not wanting to piss on your chips or anything, but….

bit blurry, but you get the idea.

130bhp VAG. Admittedly, that high is unusual, but I see 70mpg fairly often on the trip computer if the journey is straight forward a-roads/motorways with little traffic, even though it’s now on 233k miles.

footflaps

I’ve only owned one VAG and my average mpg was about 28 mpg. Was a V6 petrol 4WD mind….

chilled76
    Free Member

What’s that in stumpy? Fabia?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I don’t even have an mpg display in my car.

Why is this directed at VAG owners? Are they renowned for good mpg figures?

popstar
    Free Member

I had 62mpg average 100mile round trip from London in Passat Estate with 2 adults 2 kids and children luggage. Couldnt go any faster due to trafic A roads so had to stay at 60mph. Bull shait of a journey. 2.0cr tdi 140hp engine.

samuri
    Free Member

How come your car is so low power? My Accord with the same engine kicks out a massive 150bhp.

Clean your dash though.

stumpy01

chilled76 – Ibiza 130 TDi. Fabia vRS in a different body…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chilled76 – Member
    Civic 2.2 icdti

Wow awesome, having been inflicted with civics as hire cars for years I’d rather walk. Bet all that power was really useful while crawling along in traffic.

samuri
    Free Member

Our company pool cars can be coaxed to read 100mpg+. They’re all Toyota hybrids.

Of course, they’ve not got 140bhp.

Or 14bhp.

If I was to hazard a guess, I’d say when you put your foot down they use 6 bhp making a lot of noise and the other 3.5bhp making the car go forwards. But they’re good on petrol.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Easy enough to fake it anyway. We had a Sgt who used to reset the fuel consumption in the Outlander after his day shift so he could check the economy the next morning and have a dig at whoever was driving on the backshift. So 15 mins before going home time we would drive up a hill, reset the computer, then roll down again in neutral so it was left with an average of 99mpg. Simples.

wrightyson
    Free Member

10k miles of details! **** that, fill it up on empty then fill it up again on empty. Do the math, that’ll do,

King-ocelot
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    10k miles of details! **** that, fill it up on empty then fill it up again on empty. Do the math, that’ll do,
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

This. 10k miles of details, why? It must have become an obsession.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont really know what a gallon is let alone how many my car or bike takes. Who.really gives a shit.about these things.

skiboy
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy a car that has 450 bhp and does 15 mpg, thanks for saving me some fuel
    😀

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Drive,fill up when light comes on and repeat and repeat and repeat then after a number of YEARS sell car buy another and repeat (think you get the picture) 😉

benp1

Is this the opposite of saying how fast you can drive? Or maybe how boring your drive was?

🙂

bellys
    Free Member

It might be worth saving some cash for when your clutch go’s pop civic diesel clutch is made from cheeses.
    You have only done 40miles what was your avg speed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One tank isn’t accurate enough. I’ve got 45,000 miles worth of records on my phone for our Focus plus less on the two motorbikes. You can see how fuel use changes when your driving changes, and with the seasons. I know, for instance, that my right foot is more economical than the cruise control as there was a change when I had it fitted (not my foot, the cruise!) I’m about to see if branded fuel is better than supermarket fuel, too.
    If you like I can take our petrol Focus out and take a pic of better fuel consumption than the 2 in this thread. It’s not hard to max it out to 99mpg if I like 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘In your face VAG owners…’ is closed to new replies.