Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 270 total)
  • in what circumstances would TJ et al be re-admitted?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

what was the reason then?

I never understood that one at all[ I am sure me understanding means a lot to you 😉 ]

He never even got involved on the politics threads so it was not Big Hitting

wwaswas

*even* moderators like Drac and Cougar have bad thoughts sometimes, but they keep them to themselves.

I think they have special twitter accounts for the bad thoughts.

sc-xc

(

unless he’s a dad, because if your dad doesn’t have a beard.. you’ve got two mums)

I saw the beards at a festival this year…fantastic!

camo16
    Free Member

Oh yeah he got a lifetime ban for that.

Errrr no.

Sweet.

Can I call Flashy Captain BashFart from now on then?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Junkyard – Wasn’t it something to do with fitness / dieting threads? I remember thinking at the time it was over something fairly insignificant, but what do I know? There may have been more going on that we weren’t privy to. I do miss him though, I always thought he was a funny and interesting contributor to the forum, and I’d love to see him back. As for TJ and Fred, kinda mixed feelings – it goes without saying that they could both be argumentative, and I had one or two disagreements with one or the other of ’em, but they could both be stars when they wanted to be.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no not twitter – what is said there can be held against you everyone knows that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Camo!

Junkyard
    Free Member

SO flashy any ideas why TSY was banned?

yossarian
    Free Member

<scatches chin>

good question Junkyard, good question

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

❓ 😕 No, none at all. Should I?

Jamie
    Free Member

Was under the impression TSY got banned for repeatedly calling Molly ‘Trollgrips’… no?

Nah, allegedly. He allegedly got the boot allegedly because allegedly So someone allegedly reported him for allegedly bullying via Twitter, allegedly….or the intent to allegedly bully or some such.

Which, allegedly, given the alleged intended target, was quite allegedly ironic, allegedly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stop doing that or you will get banned
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    Repeat until banned for life

spacemonkey

+! Cougar

There’s now far less arguing on here since the likes of TJ and Fred departed. I don’t give a sh1t how valuable their contributions used to be as the negative/unsavoury side of their online personas overstepped the mark way too many times. Good riddance.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Come on Jamie, name the blighter!

aracer
    Free Member

<can’t resist>

TJ would be allowed back when the bullies stopped targeting him.

As for Fred, I agree with Junkyard – I suspect if he’s been to STW Argues he’d have a pretty good idea why (waves at Fred – I presume over on STW Argues you’re accusing me of insulting you somewhere you can’t reply, but I really can’t be bothered going to check).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamie you are on on your own with that one *

* Being on your own is know as riding 4 blanks

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie you are on on your own with that one *

I could be wrong. I usually am.

LoCo
    Free Member

TJ is probably happier not being on here TBH. He may correct me on this one of FB.

anagallis_arvensis

One mans disussion is another mans argument.
    I like TJ, but he couldnt walk away. Its my opinion that the baiters should have been banned too. But its not my forum or my rules (thank ****)

camo16
    Free Member

* Being on your own is know as riding 4 blanks

So this is what it feels like to be inside the Times crypic crossword. 😯

persona
    Free Member

TJ fell into the former category. Even at the end he was posting comments to the tune of “I can’t get drawn into this” and it was fairly clear that he didn’t really get what he was doing wrong. If he were to come back and not argue that black was white at the drop of a helmet he’d probably be allowed back. But it’ll never happen because he just can’t help himself. Which is a shame, cos when he put his mind to it he was a clever bloke and a valuable contributor.

So, the guy simply had strong opinions and was banned for sticking to them?

nice!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamie lad you are back here anyway but I do miss TSY he was miles away from being banned IMHO

I gues she annoyed someone important [ tin foil hat]

PS thanks STW mods for allowing this discussion we should all remember this next time we think they are strict/ curtail freedom or some such other OTT description of them

As always I support moderation if not every decision they make.
    TSY I really dont get it
    TJ you shot the wrong person though I can see why
    Fred well you had no choice really

Anyway it is ride o clock and lets hope I am fully recovered from man flu

Jamie gave you the first three letters anyway Han 😉

camo16
    Free Member

All three probably have semis right now. 😯

All the others that were banned but aren’t remembered probably haven’t.

philconsequence
    Free Member

riding ****
    Han ****
    guitar ****

scaredypants

TBH, those diet arguathons were among the most kack threads evah on here.

“individuals” trying to imply massive personal knowledge on the subject but never actually adding anything useful didn’t help – patronising, supercilious crap like that is genuinely asking for it IMO.

All three probably have semis right now

Let’s face it, we all have

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just had a look at STW Argues and it’s how I imagined a big hitter or old shut in a room arguing with themselves until they are right….

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup.

Drac

I’ve gone all the way.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

With a girl? Wow, what’s it like?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve gone all the way.

Inverted?

Drac

With a girl? Wow, what’s it like?

No just my hand.

Inverted?

Maybe not.

camo16
    Free Member

Looks like I picked the wrong day to run out of screen wipes. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac, use your left hand next time. Feels like someone else is doing it.

spawnofyorkshire

Looks like I picked the wrong day to run out of screen wipes.

Lube works better

samuri
    Free Member

I think they have special twitter accounts for the bad thoughts.

Drac texts his directly to me. Some of them make me feel funny.

camo16
    Free Member

Finished. 😮

molgrips
    Free Member

what was the reason for TJ going?

he argued.

Well, it wasn’t for arguing, it was for continuing to drag every good thoughtful debate into a bitter acrimonious row despite being warned dozens of times. He didn’t mean to do it, he just came over as very abrasive; this in turn was because he wasn’t all that great at understanding people’s intent purely from text, and he was even worse at understanding how other people read his own posts.

He’s been picking fights on FB posts from friends of my friends though, which is actually fairly amusing. I have no problem with this because the nature of FB seems to result in a few hours of diversionary arguing and then we all move on. Which is fine. And some of these friends of friends come from completely different planets!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, Alabama.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

Well, it wasn’t for arguing, it was for continuing to drag every good thoughtful debate into a bitter acrimonious row despite being warned dozens of times.

Yes, because one person can have a bitter acrimonious row.

The exact same thing’s happening right now in at least one thread, mostly the difference is that the targets are better at dealing with it than TJ was. But we still have interesting discussion threads intentionally derailed and killed by a minority of users, who don’t seem to be getting banned…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘in what circumstances would TJ et al be re-admitted?’ is closed to new replies.