Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • In Van Bike Racks?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hi all. I’m looking for a neat way of transporting my bike in the van (fully converted camper van so unfortunately its not a case of just throwing bikes in!). I’m thinking about a board with a couple of these fitted: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delta-Cycle-Hitch-Through-Black/dp/B00H63NFDI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494420040&sr=8-2&keywords=15mm+fork+mount

Any better ideas / similar mounts to the above but cheaper etc?

Cheers
    Dave

antares
    Free Member

I use a similar fork mount made by Sea Sucker. But it ain’t any cheaper.

BoardinBob

I use the Seasucker mount. Been perfect.

[img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5752/21981616399_9585dcf24a_k.jpg[/img]

eskay

Saris do some for road bikes, maybe worth checking if they do mtb versions.

windyg
    Free Member

As above I use a seasucker mount without any problems, i think £20 is about the same for most mounts.

rOcKeTdOg

What van is that @boardingbob?

kayak23

I made my own mounts out of solid oak. Free. 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

This is my hack:-

Works well. Needs some tweaking to prevent it from slipping on the seat – not that bad, i’ve put foam pipe lagging on the edges but ideally it needs strapping to something or grippy foam glueing to the bottom surface. I can attach upto 3 bikes, which is ideal as I can fit three adults up front, but the staggered single channel means you can’t install a long wheelbase bike, so might have to move that forward a bit.

trail_rat
    Free Member

🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers all. So it seems the Sea Sucker etc are all similar’ish. Was toying with getting some 15mm tubing and making my own but for £20 it hardly seems worthwhile.

wobbliscott – like the idea of having the front mounted on the seat. Hadn’t thought about that. Was going to attach it to a board laid on the floor just in front of the RnR bed but thats worth considering.

trail_rat – never going to work, where would I put the management and compressors for my air suspension 😉

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Mines a SWB so not long enough to have the forks mounted on the floor. Might get away with it in a longer van.

Paceman
    Free Member

I use something similar made by Saris, works perfectly in my SWB Kombi van.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘In Van Bike Racks?’ is closed to new replies.