Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • In this hot weather ….
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

You know who I feel sorry for ….. ?

The people working in Greggs ……. They are baking in there.

Im here all week folks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was over at a glass plant a few weeks back, that would be tough going, done Steel Making plants and the molten metal gear ain’t much fun in this sort of weather – I think the last one I was at on a day like this my boss refused to expense the pack of ice creams I got for the guys.

Though I think the toughest thing to do in this weather would be to play football 😉

fossy

The poor 3 guys resurfacing our road – the cul-de-sac can’t be done by the truck, so one is wheeling a machine with hot tar mix, slops it out, and the other two are spreading and brushing it, in 30 degree heat, with high viz on.

zippykona

II’m at work wearing t shirt, shorts and flip flops.

I always feel for Grenadier Guards at this time of year.

I would go Awol.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Me.

I “selfishly” bought us an Air-Con unit for our little room in the office. Now every man and his dog are coming in, or more annoyingly standing in the doorway remarking how cool, or otherwise it us. **** off!

I don’t feel bad about it, I’ve chased a tractor around a field 10 hours a day in a 35c tropical heat picking vegetables and washed cars all day without shade in a 42c heat in Sydney. I think I’ve paid my dues.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

i remember when i was younger and worked in a refrigerated warehouse which was set at about zero degrees. you’d spend all day with a jacket, hat and gloves on and then walk out in to the yard for a fag break (back in the day when it was all the rage) and forget to take off your cold weather gear. there were a few summers where the temperature was like this and you’d almost pass out the instant that wall of heat hit you!

welshfarmer

You want to try your hand at shearing sheep in this weather, followed by hauling small bales of the field and into a tin shed!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You want to try your hand at being a surgeon wearing lead aprons and face masks while the room is hot and the patient your working on is heated too

scud
    Free Member

As a student i worked as a chef to pay my way, the kitchen was underground with 9 chefs at busy times and no windows.

The “air-conditioning” that drew in air was next to bins and very close to vents that expelled air from above the grill and ovens, so it got 118 degrees and with the smell of grease and bins one hot summer.. don’t miss that….

But no as bad as being in back of APC with someone throwing their guts up with stress in sunny Iraq.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I love my job….

perchypanther
    Free Member

You want to try your hand at working in an office with half a dozen menopausal women who sit bunched around the heating controller.

myti
    Free Member

It’s commando time of year at my gardening job!

funkmasterp

I used to temp as a super villain and spent one summer manning a volcano base. That was hard work let me tell you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘In this hot weather ….’ is closed to new replies.