Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • In the back of the wardrobe
  • readikus

On my commute to work this week, I started in the back of a wardrobe…

…can’t recommend the Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro highly enough.

yunki
    Free Member

don’t eat any of the wicked queen’s turkish delight FFS! 😀

zippykona

I have a pair and only managed 1 ride in 3 years.
    It was mainly on sheet ice and I rode like a scaredy cat.
    How outrageous can you go on those tyres? Might need them tomorrow 😆

readikus

She can keep her turkish delight 😉

Zippy – I fitted the tyre on the front Tuesday morning, and tested it on the sheet ice on the road outside my house by riding a really tight circle – rode just like it was dry.

I have covered about 40 miles over the past few days, and only had one slight slide of the front wheel last night (but that was more to do with the ice forming in a big, off camber chunk (bit like a wet root at an angle). The snow has been heavy here (Norwich), and riding through it is a bit like riding an MTB off road through mud. Been grinning all week!

atlaz
    Free Member

…can’t recommend the Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro highly enough.

Mine are going on tonight. If I get home early enough they’ll get a 20km loop in the dark for testing.

GrahamS

Been using the Schwalbe Winter Marathons on the commute – they’ve coped incredibly well with sheet ice and compacted frozen snow.

Bemused a couple of lads on foot who were kindly shouting warnings to me after falling on it:

Them: “Ice! Look out mate it’s really icy there. Careful..”

Me: “Thanks” *bimbles past with absolutely no drama*

readikus

Good work atlaz 🙂 I’ve had major traffic problems making me “late” over the past few days – and absolutely nothing to do with me taking a detour route via the woods.

GrahamS

Mine are going on tonight. If I get home early enough they’ll get a 20km loop in the dark for testing.

Remember you are supposed to run them in for 40km on tarmac first to bed in the spikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘In the back of the wardrobe’ is closed to new replies.