Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • In praise of.. the easy hot lunch
  • binners

Absolutely not!!! Just loads and loads of butter 😀

mogrim

Not even a splash of Worcestershire sauce??? It’s a great thread you’ve started, but I’m beginning to doubt the wisdom of you contributing to it any further.

belgianwaffle1

Most popular in my student flat is definitely beans on toast, followed closely by pot noodles. No avocado on toast here…

hatter

The only other rule apart from that is that last night’s dinner reheated doesn’t count either.

That’s the remnants of last night’s cottage pie out of the running then sadly, one of the special category of meals that is genuinely better reheated the next day.

Damn it was tasty.

In it’s stead I shall submit ‘student beans’ get a few decent sausages, ideally spicy ones, heat up a pan with oil, cut the sausages into sections straight into the hot oil with scissors, after they’re nicely sizzled and cooked through pour in a can of baked beans, cook for 5 minutes together and ideally serve on buttered toast with worcester sauce. Meaty, spicy, saucy, sausagey beans, perfect winter grub.

binners

To carry on the thread I started….

I’m just in from being caught in a deluge of freezing cold horizontal hailstones, so there was only one thing for it…

A cheese toastie with (pork, cheddar & black pudding) sausage and a fried egg. Mmmmmmmm

#ratemybutty

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Corned Beef hash.
    About 1/3rd of a Scotch Bonnet chopped in to the spuds along with sping onions a tiny bit of milk and some butter.
    Loads of corned beef in there and then once it had cooled down a decent size splodge went in to a dry frying pan and browned off on each side.
    A few baked beans helped.

binners

@eddiebaby – Delia’s corned beef hash tip is a winner. Cut your corned beef into big chunks in the morning and leave it soaking in Worcester Sauce all day. Two fried eggs on top to serve 😀

duncancallum

Chopped Pepper onions and tomatoes with a cajan chicken brest on top in the oven for 30min some rice done!

No air friers here…just one permanently on aga.

So use the oven for everything

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@binners Sounds great except for the Worcester Sauce… 🙁

honeybadgerx

For an extra one of your five-a-day, mix a tin of baked beans through your corned beef hash before cooking off. I tend to go for a “make a well and cook the egg in it” approach too – less washing up! Mixing some English mustard through it as well is a tasty one.

binners

I’m having corned beef hash this evening due to this thread. Good call @eddiebaby – I’ve not had corned beef hash for ages! Fried eggs and beans will both be featuring 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Winners all round.

pisco

Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle with chunks of boiled egg mixed in. Like kedgeree, but faster and easier and less like kedgeree.

northernmatt

@pisco that sounds absolutely vile

Today I had a pasty from Gregg’s

stgeorge

Like kedgeree, but faster and easier and less like kedgeree.

In fact, nothing like Kedgeree apart from a boiled egg

frankconway

pisco – yuck.

fazzini

#ratemybutty

Non-runny yolk so 5/10 😉

Mid-morning crumpet-tastic snackage 😀

What’s that stuff on the left? It’s not that low fat cheese that doesn’t melt properly is it?

If so, get out, you’re barred from your own thread

theotherjonv

A west-east fusion

Frozen paratha from the Asian supermarket or some of the main supermarkets have them

Cook that in a pan, meanwhile beat one egg, and grate or slice some cheese (a Kraft single would do too)

Once paratha is done remove from pan and cook egg into small vaguely omelette shape. You can actually do that in a bowl in the microwave but then becomes a two ‘pan’ recipe.

Slice paratha from centre to edge as if you were going to quarter it.  In a quadrant put the egg. Fold the freed up quadrant on top. Next quadrant put cheese, fold again. Final quadrant is up to you. Ham is quick and easy but bacon or long sliced sausage is good. Black pudding might work.

What you have is a quadrant shaped three layer ham and egg mcmuffin, but the slightly sweet crispy paratha elevates way past McD taste

binners

What’s that stuff on the left? It’s not that low fat cheese that doesn’t melt properly is it?

If so, get out, you’re barred from your own thread

You, sir, will be hearing from my lawyers in due course. Low fat cheese indeed? It was just two different (full fat) cheeses with apparently different melting points

Non-runny yolk so 5/10 😉

I always flip my eggs if they’re going on a butty. I can’t have them runny as it reminds me too much of the opening scene of Withnail

I’m sure you’ll be far happier with my corned beef hash from last night 🙂

I’m posting so many pictures of my food I feel like the worlds crappest Instagram influencer! I may apply to go on Gordon Ramseys Next Level Chef

Takes a toaster AND a microwave, but….

(I may have also posted this before)

Lightly toasted pitta, chilli jam, roast turkey breast, jalapeno’s, cheese melted in microwave, black pepper. HP brown sauce added after

It’s blummin lovely

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/91Pnf0f116]20220912_200739~2[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

It was just two different (full fat) cheeses with apparently different melting points

You’re excused then….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Got a new one.
    Nepalese style garlic mushrooms on toast.
    A 7 spice generic Nepalese blend with fresh crushed garlic cooked in butter and leftover sliced mushrooms from yesterday’s bean chilli added in.
    Brilliant as ever but with an asian twist.

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.