Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • In praise of Hope…
  • Mackem

I’m a clumsy oaf and managed to break the clamp holding my lever onto the bar.

The brakes are “Gunsmoke” in colour and the only spares I could find for sale were in black, so I asked Hope if they had one.

Within half an hour of my email a one is in the post to me (In Spain, free of charge)

Great stuff.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they are nice chaps 🙂

ononeorange

Agreed, splendid fellows.

They even supply crown races with their headsets…… 😉

alex222
    Free Member

It is a good job they over charge for all of their products. It means they can just afford to send stuff outside of warranty quite happily no questions asked.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

alex222 – Member
    It is a good job they over charge for all of their products. It means they can just afford to send stuff outside of warranty quite happily no questions asked.

LOL never thought of it like that as it seems to work out much cheaper than the other tat around when you consider how long it lasts.

svalgis
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s kind of the whole point of selling at “premium” prices and providing great service to back it up. Good job in figuring it out.

juan
    Free Member

What is this overcharge you’re talking about?

oxym0r0n

Praps try reading the article in privateer before judging – no more expensive than other premium products IMHO

I would rather have the back up than buy a wheel from, say, shimano and find 6 years later that when a spoke snaps they are no longer available and I have to buy a whole new wheel 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would rather have the back up than buy a wheel from, say, shimano and find 6 years later that when a spoke snaps they are no longer available and I have to buy a whole new wheel

Or a brake issue 6 months in and find the parts are unserviceable.

IA

find 6 years later that when a spoke snaps they are no longer available

Or you could buy a headset from hope, need new bearings/crown race a year later and be told they’re no longer availible and you need to buy a new headset.

And have that happen again with the next generation…

Hope aren’t perfect. Good hubs mind.

alex222
    Free Member

no more expensive than other premium products IMHO

The brakes they make are twice the price of xtr; at least. Plus they look like a small child made them.

Hubs admittedly aren’t ridiculous priced but you have to invest the cost of the hubs at least each season in replacing bearings.

Good hubs mind.

Disagree

Junkyard
    Free Member

you have to invest the cost of the hubs at least each season in replacing bearings.

You either get very cheap hubs or very expensive bearings

T1000
    Free Member

[The brakes they make are twice the price of xtr; at least. Plus they look like a small child made them.]

what a load of pony………

quiet day in troll city ???

alex222
    Free Member

after a quick search I do stand corrected on that. Still xtr brakes are better looking.

DickBarton

Dont care about looks, i just want the kit to work 100% of the time. In my experience, hope does. Also it is easy to find good deals on their kit so price isnt a huge issue unless you dont look around.

Service from hope is exceptional, cant fault products or service personally.

nigelb001
    Free Member

The brakes they make are twice the price of xtr; at least. Plus they look like a small child made them.

XTR M985 set – £290.00
    XT M785 set – £190.00
    Hope M4 tech Evo front/X2 Tech Evo rear – £220.00 (price I actually paid)

Average typical UK supplier prices.

So what’s all this bo**ocks about Hope brakes more expensive than XTR. Seems you’re acting like the small child here not them.

All it needs is for someone to say something good about Hope and the haterz come out from the cracks in the floorboards to have a pop and spout rubbish. Same ones all the time.

alex222
    Free Member

So what’s all this bo**ocks about Hope brakes more expensive than XTR. Seems you’re acting like the small child here not them.

after a quick search I do stand corrected on that

It’s okay though you don’t have to read me withdrawing my original statement. So I will post it again. XTR brakes do look better though; I stand by that.

nigelb001
    Free Member

It’s okay though you don’t have to read me withdrawing my original statement. So I will post it again. XTR brakes do look better though; I stand by that.

Not intentional, I just happened to take a waz and make a coffee while in the middle of posting.

Stand by whatever you like. Yawn.

chiefgrooveguru

Plus they look like a small child made them.

Small children are a lot more talented than I ever imagined!

svalgis
    Free Member

Oh come on guys, I’m sure alex has had plenty of miserable first hand experiences with Hope products and service to form the opinion he/she has.

nicko74

Plus they look like a small child made them.

Of course – they have little fingers, and can get all the bits together more easily than sausage-fingered Yorkshiremen! 😉

Northwind

All that silly machining because they can’t afford to forge their parts 😉

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Plus they are British made
    But I do like Shimano stuff – bike and Angling , I have had Hope brakes and they were very good and would have them again.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘In praise of Hope…’ is closed to new replies.