• This topic has 31 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • In praise of Exposure Lights
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Need to give great-big shout to Exposure Lights folks.

Old Tracer, well pass warranty time, stopped charging. Sent on Monday, get diagnose and quote on Wednesday, paid on Thursday, today have light back with me.

Matt Gibs, top bloke. Exposure Lights top customers service!!!

Cheers!
    I.

z1ppy

Just about to send one off to them for repairs, so that’s great news, can I ask who you used as a courier?

tartanscarf

I second that. Sent a few things off to them for repair over the years – quick turnaround, well priced and prompt return.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Cant rate mine high enough either. Expensive but so, so worth it.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Yep. I bought an old Diablo on here years ago, dirt cheap because it didn’t hold charge very long. Sent it to Exposure who replaced one battery cell for less than £20 all-in. Works just fine now, still going strong.

frankconway

Also had great service with small replacement parts.

Daffy

Same here – the service (coupled to the simplicity and performance) is why I currently own more than 10 Exposure lights!

Keep doing what you’re doing guys and girls!

spooky_b329

Can I jump in? I’ve got a joystick mk15, it flickers after an hour or so of riding. It’s only minor but concerned it might get worse, the flickering not normal is it?

It doesn’t do it when left on in the house so worried the retailer will say fault not found (I think it was from CRC)

martymac

I have a six pack, had it around 5 years, still works perfectly, holds a good charge, I literally can’t imagine anything better.
    Would buy again, they are good value because they last.

leffeboy

Used to go through lights every 3 years or so until I got a MaxxD.  Always works, completely love it

frankconway

Spooky – just call them; they’re friendly and very helpful.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Just about to send one off to them for repairs, so that’s great news, can I ask who you used as a courier?

I used Hermes. In what must be about 200 parcels I’ve sent with them only had 2 bad ones.
    Exposure is using RM 1st Class to send stuff back.

Cheers!
    I.

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve just had my almost 6 year old MaxXD repaired as the rear screen illumination had failed. The light still worked well and held excellent charge, so dego repair rather than replace.
    Spoke to Matt, posted out to them Friday, another chat with Matt Tuesday recieved back with upgraded rear cap on Thursday.

Excellent service and very reasonable repair cost

MoreCashThanDash

My ancient MaxxD – so old i think its the 1200 lumen version – has died. Just seems too good to throw away so wondering about getting a new battery fitted from Exposure or MTB Batteries

Wally

Exposure fitted new lens/circuit/batteries for me.

z1ppy

cheers @ivanMTB was worried about loosing it in the post. This post has also prompted me to buy a joystick (£125 from Pure electric)

halifaxpete

Yeah they sorted out my faulty Diablo no problem. Tempted to get a 6 pack for the bars, big chunk of money but worth it in the long run I reckon.

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve got a six pack, Diablo and a couple of traceR lights and they’ve always been great. One TraceR stopped charging recently so I sent it off to them and it was fixed and back with me in less than a week.

jodafett

Considering how expensive they are I was shocked at the massive £12 I was charged for a repair (inc. postage!) I wouldn’t buy any other lights!

carlos
    Free Member

Just about to send one off to them for repairs, so that’s great news, can I ask who you used as a courier

@z1ppy
    – I used Royal mail next day. Insured upto £500 and I made sure they knew it was a bike light with a battery that cannot be removed. No issues and was just over £7

tangent
    Free Member

OP thanks for posting…did not know Exposure offered a service , service!
    Have a fave unit in need of some TLC

IvanMTB
    Free Member

👍👍👍
    Happy to by of some use to you mate.
    Cheers!
    I.

StuF

Another great service here. They sent me a replacement clamp when mine developed a fault.

MoreCashThanDash

Another great service here. They sent me a replacement clamp when mine developed a fault.

I broke the very first bar clamp I had from them, many years ago, the first time I tried to fit it. They sent me a replacement one foc, with some polite guidance about not tightening it like a ham-fisted gorilla.

tenfoot

My Maxx D fell off the fridge in our garage onto a concrete floor and stopped working. Exposure fixed it FOC. Still running and holding charge well, 7 years later.

bigfoot
    Free Member

This post has also prompted me to buy a joystick (£125 from Pure electric)

yeah, same here, just ordered one. last descent of the ride the other night was the first with a light for a while and it was a really tight twisty trail in the woods, really missed not having a helmet light.
    it’ll be paired with a six pack on the bars.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Just spotted some keen deals on factory seconds in the Exposure outlet store:
    https://exposurelights.com/outlet-store

dereknova
    Free Member

The outlet store is good but always shop around.
    A Maxx-d was cheaper at sigma last week (for new not seconds) and looks like leisure lakes is sub£300 now.

MoreCashThanDash

Both my Race and my Joystick were cheaper from online bike shops than they were from the Exposure outlet, sadly.

oikeith

Threads like this helped sway my decision to pick up a Maxx D and Diablo last year for the winter riding and thankfully as of yet I have not needed the service support! But the lights are super good so much so I just picked up a pair of Tracers for the road bike.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

… just need to repeat myself 😀

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52233066741_3bfb935d6c_c.jpg

Top people, top customers service, especially that Trace seal was sent to me FOC.

Fantastic, high-prize worthy Company.

Cheers!
    I.

v7fmp

i had a gopro light mount that failed after a couple of uses, fired an email to exposure and a replacement turned up a few days later.

customer service done properly!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.