• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by goby.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • In ear Headphones recommendations?
  • goby

Hi after a some in ear isolating headphones anyone got some they would recommend, using them at gym and on plane etc for listening to my ipod was looking at the shure e210 or senhessier cx300/ any other to recommend?

Stoner
    Free Member

I use shure e2c. WOrk very well for the price. Bass driver is good. And isolation works well as well, in fact I often just put them in to blank out git-noise* on the train even when I dont want to listen to anything.

* other people.

UncleFred
    Free Member

shures are great, nice rounded sound and good bass. If I’m on a place they Isolate everything apart from the engine hum.

nickname
    Free Member

Had my cx300 for ages now. Isolation is good, but I don’t play my music that loud so I usually still hear chatter on the train. I’d buy again.

goby

Mmm hadnt seen them look good, anyone used super.fi ones?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Been using Ultimate Ears Superfi 5’s for about a year, they’re amazing compared to standard or even Sony/Sennheiser ones. Much better range and isolation. Must admit I was a bit cheeky and tried the various options in the Apple shop and then bought on line for £100 compared to £160.

blaggers
    Free Member

http://www.advancedmp3players.com are a good online supplier, I got a great deal on shure se420’s, se210’s seem good value on there as well. The sennheiser cx300’s only have a silicon cup type plug, where as the shures come with silicon and foam types (I found the foam type much better at cable noise isolation and comfort).

paulf
    Free Member

I found the CX300 disappointing as the wire came loose on 2 pairs within a year and they weren’t even used much. The second time Play refused to take them back. No wonder they are permanently on offer, they are not worth rrp.

Soundwise G3 – http://www.soundwise.co.uk/earphones/g3.shtml have far better sound quality (more bass and sharper treble) and have stood up to lots more abuse than the than the CX300 and for £26 inc free delivery its not the end of the world if they ever break.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Shure SE210’s here – isolate external noise very well and have very good sound reporoduction, with none of the horrible muddy synthetic bass that so many people seem to think is ‘hi-fi’

-m-
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Shure ‘phones (the first set I lost… d’oh).

I find that the whole cable-over-the-ear thing works really well for me; if you use the little adjuster sleeve thing to tighten them up at the base of your skull they don’t move at all, making them really good to wear in the gym/whilst running. I use mine with the foam sleeves (as per blaggers) and they are both comfy to wear and excellent at sound isolation. I regularly fly long-haul on business and can wear my in-ear ‘phones in far greater comfort than any of the over the ear type. They also do a great job of sealing out background engine / cabin noise.

EDIT: Oh, the sound quality is good also 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Been using Bose IE for a year or so, and rate them very highly. The moulded replacable earpieces are great, stay in really well in the gym and sound quality is great.

goby

Yeah I want something that have a good quality sound as they are replacing my grado sr80, love them but they donít block any sound out when I listen to music at work 🙁
    Ah may go the the apple shop in bluewater see if they got any nice ones I could try out before i buy, just seen those super.fi 5 eb Bass!!

montylikesbeer

I have the Bose in ear ones (£65.00) and mighty fine they are to.

Sandwich

Etymotic ER6i are quite good, my Sure 520’s are ace but overkill for an iPod.

ebygomm
    Free Member

If you don’t want to spend a lot then these are really good for the price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Labs-EP-630-A-Earphones/dp/B0009G6FQI/ref=pd_sim_ce_1

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I too can vouch for the Ultimate Ears super fi. 5 Pro’s. Absolutely spectacular sound quality, especially on 320kbps mp3s

goby

Ah thanks for the advice people i shall now go and search to see what prices i can find the shure and super.fi for.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘In ear Headphones recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.