Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Impressive every day eating
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Who’s the big eaters?

I used to work with a guy who could quite easily nail a curry house meal for 2, also remember on a night out, we popped into the chinese on the way home, he ordered a meal for him, and one for the wife, and a portion of spring rolls to eat while he waited. He ate his meal on the way home, and got home and wife was in bed, so ate hers as well.

He also thought nothing of tanning a full 48 pack box of crisps, the ones you used to see at school tuck shop with the punch out hole on the front, in one evening watching telly. He was 6’6″, and in his 30’s then, so could get away with it, bet he’s the size of house now.

Used to come into work with a 2l ice cream tub of pasta with tuna, mayo and sweetcorn, then go to the canteen and have a full dinner too. Then have the cheek to wash it down with a 2l bottle of diet irn bru.

Another guy I worked with (who’s brother was a pro footballer, and then a top flight manager up here) was famous for going to a NDT course in Norwich and having 4 curries in one day on his expenses. F knows how you can eat 4 curries in a day, and f going into the bog after him.

I expect Binners to feature heavily on this thread.

binners

Hi 😀

I’m afraid that compared to the true pro’s I’m a lightweight, literally and metaphorically.

My best mate was a pretty useful heavyweight boxer (a pretty handy mate to have). We were heading out one night and he suggested nipping to Maccy D’s for something to eat before hitting the beer. I sat there and watched him put 12 Big Macs away, one after the other. They never touched the sides.

I also used to work with an absolute man mountain of a guy who played American football. He would get in every morning and for breakfast have 2 whopping great steaks and half a dozen eggs. Every single day! He’d then carry on with a similar consumption through the course of the day

I do try, but theres no way my pasty consumption even comes close

onehundredthidiot

Was at Uni with a skinny bloke who could pack it away.
    After melrose 7’s one year in Gala we went to the Shish, where he ordered his usual massive starter then mixed grill, naan etc much to everyones surprise he struggled to finish the mixed grill (finished everything else including an second order of lime pickle). It was then he remembered that on the way from the bank to the Shish he’d stopped for a sausage supper, literally 100m from bank to restaraunt. THis was on top of a day on the beer.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Eddie Hall – Worlds Strongest Man diet : The challenge begins at 7 a.m. with a full English breakfast, consisting of 4 sausages, 4 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs, baked beans, plum tomatoes, 4 slices of fried bread, and 2 slices of black pudding, all cooked in butter. The meal totals an estimate of 1,700 calories, or 2,000 including coffee and orange juice.

After polishing that all off in 20 minutes, Hall goes back to bed for an hour, as he would have done during his World’s Strongest Man training. Then at 9 a.m. it’s time for second breakfast: 100 grams of oatmeal with whole milk, Manuka honey and raisins, two kiwis, a banana, a 70-gram bag of beef jerky, and 4 scoops of whey protein. This meal comes to around another 1,400 calories.

Hall then takes another nap, which is frankly unsurprising given the sheer amount of food he has already consumed at this point. “I tell you what, it is hard work, all this eating and sleeping,” he says, adding: “This was a daily occurrence back in the day.”

Subscribe to Men’s Health
    HEARSTMAGS.COM
    SHOP NOW
    Ahead of his 11 a.m. physio appointment, he finds time to cram in another snack, comprising 150 grams of cashew nuts and 1 liter of cranberry juice, all of which amounts to another 760 calories.

Then, following physio, it’s lunchtime, where things get serious: a 300-gram ribeye steak, half a kilo of pasta, and 200 grams of vegetables, smothered in mayo and washed down with 1.5 liters of water. A hearty, generous, 3,000-calorie lunch, with a 1,400-calorie dessert of half a family-size cheesecake with cream. But this is where the excessive intake begins to take its toll.

“I remember when I was doing this, all day every day, for four years solid, I began to hate my food,” he says. “It became a chore, food just became unenjoyable… And this is what’s happening now, I feel like I’m eating just for the sake of it.”

After lunch, Hall heads upstairs for another nap, then when he wakes at 3 p.m. it’s time for a second, carb-heavy lunch prior to his afternoon training session: a plate of tuna sandwiches, a box of butter flapjacks, some fruit, and 2 bottles of energy drink. (2,070 calories). “This isn’t going down fast,” he says, mid-mouthful, “but I’ll get it down, don’t you worry!”

While at the gym, Hall pauses his workout for some extra protein in the form of a few slices of roast beef (114 calories), but by now he’s really starting to struggle. “I honestly don’t know how I did this on a daily basis,” he says. “I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

And he still has his evening meal to get through: half a kilo of spaghetti, half a kilo of minced beef, and a full serving of garlic bread (2,900 calories), with another huge helping of cheesecake for dessert (1,499 calories). He then takes a protein bar (200 calories) and another 1.5 liters of water up to bed with him, bringing his day-long total to a staggering 16,164 calories.

martinhutch

I remember being on a decent course of steroids (the medicinal rather than the bodybuilding type) back in the 90s. Dragged my pasty 9 stone arse down to Pete’s Eats in Llanberis, ordered a Big Jim (massive ‘food challenge’ type platter of breakfasty stuff), polished it off, then had another one for fun. I wasn’t 9 stone for long.

Tom-B
    Free Member

For someone that was 10st when I raced mtb’s to being about 11.5st now in my mid 30’s…..I can eat a lot! Turning 31 saw my metabolism change orvernight though, so i do put on weight more easily now.

Not at the level of the proper pro’s though….and I get ‘full’ really quickly drinking beer. Some of my mates that are ‘rugby lads’ can do 15 pints fairly easily….as can my mate that’s a doctor actually which is fairly mental as he’s a slightly bigger built version of me!

binners
    sirromj

My family & friends are always suprised by the amount I eat for a slim average size male, but it’s nothing compared with that lot. Good to know I’ve got a long way to go yet!

Also see the Shut-ins documentary on Channel 4 – ‘Britain’s Fattest People’.

Haha ^^^^ the Dalby Cafe, literally just round the corner from me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m a greedy fat biffer but can’t tuck away the huge quantities that I could in my youth.

I used to work with a guy years ago, Big Stevie. We were security guards in the steelworks which were being dismantled.

He was a big dude and was notoriously cagey about his actual weight until he was stupid enough to park a Land Rover on the weighbridge while I was sitting at the controls.
    Weighed the car with him in it, weighed it again after he got it out and a few quick calculations later, we have a number. 30 stone.

He was a crazy driver and one day tried to take a shortcut around a speed bump in the plant at about forty miles an hour, clipped a railway track and toppled the Land Rover on it’s side….passenger side down. It was unfortunate for the poor guy sat in the passenger seat. Both guys were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

It was before lunchtime so, waste not want not, we split Big Stevie’s lunch between the rest of the shift.

All 32 of us.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, well aware of all of that type of stuff, Houns, just like the more STW ‘grass roots’ eaters 🙂

dove1

A guy I was in Uni with decided the best way to celebrate the completion of his PhD was to order the entire McDonald’s menu. He managed to eat it all as well, although he did complain that cold chips are not very nice.
    It was an impressive feat. What was not so impressive was when he threw up in Queen St about 10 minutes later!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lolz at splitting ‘Big Stevies’ lunch 32 ways 😂

riklegge

A guy I used to work with used to drink a huge amount. He’d talk about having 30 pints in a night which i assumed was an exaggeration until an eye opening night out with him! He was genuinely surprised when we told him to be careful and that it would likely be very bad for his health to keep drinking at that level.

BoardinBob

BillOddie

Back in my American Football playing days I struggled to get my weight above 100kg so I had to eat EVERYTHING.

Basically I would eat the equivalent of a large meal about 6 times a day.

All the chicken, tuna, eggs and beef mince I could lay my hands on.  Tons of pasta, potatoes and rice.  Bit of fruit and veg.  Protein shakes too

Completely guilt free massive pizzas, tubs of ice cream and dozens of chicken wings.

Thing is though, it really wasn’t fun, it was a massive chore.

I got up to about 115kg, wasn’t fat but wasn’t super lean either but I was the strongest I had ever been and been since.

DavidB
    Free Member

A friends uncle used to do 7-8 pints of lager then order a meal for 4 from chinese on the way home. He’d empty all cartons into the plastic bag and walk home shovelling it in by hand. I never witnessed it thank goodness

jambourgie
    Free Member

When we were yoofs, a mate’s older brother was a right fat knacker. We used to sit there staring at him like dogs whilst he worked his way through a KFC Family Bucket, thinking he’ll tire soon and throw us the scraps… nope.

binners

A guy I used to work with used to drink a huge amount. He’d talk about having 30 pints in a night which i assumed was an exaggeration until an eye opening night out with him!

Not long after I graduated I got a job at an ad agency in Manchester City Centre (always a place to find big drinkers). The entire office would relocate to the pub next door at lunchtime every day. The creative director I was working with would line up 5 pints of Guinness and sink them in an hour then head back to the office. Every single day. He apparently went straight to the pub when he finished work every night and would carry on drinking at an only slightly less alarming rate

I doubt he’s still around

scaredypants

I used to work with a girl who met her husband while at uni
    Apparently he was a massive eater, so when they got maried she used to make really big meals
    Took him a month or two to admit that he was just getting value for money o the nights he took her out and really couldn’t eat like that more than about once a week 🤢

… and when my brother was in his late 20s, early 30s he was playing loads of squash. Worked out his food calories in an average day and it was over 6000. He was about 65 kilos I’d guess

redmex
    Free Member

That Pete Doherty breakfast platter is giving me the boak , maybe his fugly face too

chevychase

The idea of troughing on sh11t in that way just seems like madness now.

I’d rename the thread “Retarded every day eating”.

If it was a metric eff-ton of high quality fodder, with the weight bearing exercise to go with it then that’s impressive.

I’m unashamedly a food snob. Because that’s a good thing to be 🙂

peekay

I occasionally cook a full 500g bag of pasta and eat it in one sitting.
    180cm and 70kg.

Had a friend who could drink big volumes, and he tried a ‘half man half beer’ challenge. 8pts of blood in the body, therefore try and drink 8pts of beer before you are allowed to go for a pee.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I used to work in a pub. A regular would come in a few times per week. Drink ten – twenty pints of Tetleys and never go for a piss! It’s one of the last great unsolved mysteries. We used to watch him like a hawk. Quiet country local too, no way he could’ve sneaked off.

nickc

I’ve sat in a maccyD watching a friend (who was at the time very much into body building) put away double figures worth of various burgers, he’d start with just regular burgers and cheeseburgers and move onto quarter pounders and Big Macs. Always finished with a fillet o fish. He’d squash them flat with the heel of his hand and in a couple of bites they were gone. A large coke was all he’d have just to whet his whistle a bit as he worked through the piles of food.

never looked much like fun though.

BoardinBob

I used to work with a very large American man. We were out for dinner one night and the waitress came for the order.

He said “I’ll have the chilli to start and the lasagne for my main”

The waitress nervously said “they’re two main courses”

To which he replied “I know”

pondo

*Comes in to boast about eating a KFC six piece bucket (couldn’t eat all the fries)…

…. reads the rest of the posts….

… sneaks out again quietly*

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I used to work with a very large American man. We were out for dinner one night and the waitress came for the order.

He said “I’ll have the chilli to start and the lasagne for my main”

The waitress nervously said “they’re two main courses”

To which he replied “I know”

I recall on my honeymoon in the US, a huge american sitting next to us at the breakfast buffet, he was eating steaks when we sat down, and still going when we left, must have been over an hour (back in the days of hangovers!) **** knows how much he ate.

Rich_s

Back at uni I developed a thing for speed eating pizza. For anyone who knows Newcastle mid 90s this was a large pizza from Munchies at Haymarket, which used to be right next to the station, walk in to the station, escalator down, finish the pizza before the train arrived. Never failed.

Then I got all cocky and went for Deep Pan Pizza all you can eat. Ate 2 of the doughiest examples of cheese on toast you can think of. I couldn’t walk afterwards. Horrible.

csb

I doubt he’s still around

Is presumably a common footnote to most of these tales…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I used to drink a bit as a kid and would regularly buy a tray (24 cans) of Tanglefoot for an evening.

Drinking 10 pints without having a piss isn’t that hard, it is once you break the seal and have that first piss I have to go back every couple of pints

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Impressive every day eating’ is closed to new replies.