Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Importing snaps from Picasaweb
  • BillMC

Apologies. This has been done lots (I’m v low tech) but what are the instructions for importing from Picasaweb? I seem to remember it’s a bit of a different routine from other online photo albums.

cp

What do you mean by importing? Downloading to your computer or posting on here? Or something else entirely?

BillMC

Posting on here

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s a bit odd.

Log into your picasa account. Select the photo and look at the right hand panel for “Link to this photo”. You want “Embed image” – select the size you want then copy the code.

The trouble is that the code you copy contains lots of stuff not supported here. You need to paste the code into your post and have a look for the bit that starts img src=”. You want everything up to the next ” and nothing else.

For example, look for something like this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qJDbHYjMipg/TeC_EOYWH-I/AAAAAAAAULE/m2irmmLq0nk/s800/P527096801e.jpg

You then need to put the IMG tags at either end as normal.

Note: You have to do the above. Just copying the url for an image from picasa doesn’t work as it’s only valid for your current session, so it will break shortly after you use it.

cp

Note: You have to do the above. Just copying the url for an image from picasa doesn’t work as it’s only valid for your current session, so it will break shortly after you use it.

I’ve never done it that way – I just right click on the image, click ‘copy image location’ then on here click the IMG button and paste the copied link.

Can you see the image below?

Stoner
    Free Member

cp – if you use the “link to this photo” section you can change the size of the image, and if you like “hide album” it will keep it anonymous.

Medium 640p is best for STW forum.

BillMC

Thanks for all that. BTW anybody notice what happened to the 22 yr old with the interpersonal dilemma?

cp

Stoner – yeah, I realise that -when I’m posting photo’s though, I usually can’t be arsed with more clicks than absolutely necessary!!

I’d be amazed if you could link back to my album from the above pic.. yep, if id also linked to the album for more pics like I do in some for sale ads… but not just from the above pic.

Stoner
    Free Member

did glittergary get the long walk then?

BillMC

Looks like it. Amusing stuff but clearly there was scope for an enormous amount of matter hitting the fan. There’s a ride on Thursday that could be interesting.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Can you see the image below?

At the moment, yes.

It’ll be interesting to see if it still shows tomorrow (didn’t work a couple of years ago, but things may have changed).

Stoner
    Free Member

what 5th says.

single session url’s used to disappear, hence the embed section.

cp

there’s some pics on a post of mine from a week or so ago, which I can still see:-

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/retrotastic-parts-for-sale-xlite-ti-bars-sachs-8-spd-shifters-manitou-shock

I’ve logged out of picasaweb & can still see them, so be interesting to know if others can too, or if there’s a cookie type thing on my computer keeping that image session active.

I agree, a few years ago you couldn’t get a direct link by right clicking, but I’ve been using this method for the last 6 months- a yearish I’d guess.

cp

and these were posted in the same way but from a different computer, so I assume it does indeed work these days:-

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-thomson-elite-seatpost-272-x-410mm

Stoner
    Free Member

yep still there.

must have made those links permanent now.

handy and quicker I spose.

I assume the default res is 640?

BillMC

Stoner
    Free Member

bill – click on image only, hide album first

cp

nearly, but you want to paste just this bit:-

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kRFR9k2qgLY/Rhp0MsN5cLI/AAAAAAAAADI/3rXeJpKXy8Q/s640/firsgP1010019.JPG

when you click the IMG button.

5thElefant
    Free Member

and these were posted in the same way but from a different computer, so I assume it does indeed work these days

Yeah, still there. That makes life easier.

BillMC

bingo!

5thElefant
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Importing snaps from Picasaweb’ is closed to new replies.