Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Importing a Blur LT from USA – £558, logistics?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

First leg of the journey complete. On the van for delivery today 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Its arrived stateside. Box is huge and well stapled, also pristine not a mark on it. Invoice on the outside confirming bike etc.

Should I get bro to open to confirm specs and remove all staples, leaving a weaker transit box for the long journey to the UK, resealed with tape? hmmmmmmmmmmm

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much spec is to confirm? Size Colour & Shock?

Small hole in the end of the box and a torch then tape it over and repost.

poonprice
    Free Member

Update on this please, it must have arrived by now?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Brother has just got back from Arizona so posted yesterday. The colour looks much better than the santa cruz sale page

poonprice
    Free Member

Awesome..

Quick reply to 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Shipping cost $222. Could have got for $150 if took rear triangle off and sent in smaller wheel size box. More chance of damage, losing bits if opened, and hassle though.

They also fitted and anti tilt device to the box which cracks if mishandled, so box will be treated as fragile 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I was expecting at least 4-5 days, but its took 26 hours from my bro passing it to Fedex to hit London 😯

“package available for clearance”

does that mean its cleared customs or waiting? 😆

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Its landed, along with the dreaded letter doom from customs this morning
    😯 Rung them up and apparently nothing was due and I could ignore the letter 😆

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Nice, so final GBP price all in?

toons
    Free Member

enjoy

renton
    Free Member

That looks very nice indeed!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

£767 final cost

$1003 with local tax and delivery & shipping of $222. So really happy with that 🙂

Houns

Bargain!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Blimey can your stateside person do it for me too??????

Absolute bargain.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thanks guys, can’t wait to take it on the maiden voyage!

Mosey check your email 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

😀 will do.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Superlights are $550 in that sale. What a bargain.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Concur, was looking at superlight’s, before I got the Heckler, classic frame, wouldn’t mind owning one in the future!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sprockets cycles have a superlight for £999. By the time you sold all the bits, you wouldn’t be out of pocket on that price.

cruzcampo
    Free Member
    poonprice
    Free Member

cruzcampo,

Where do you stand on warranty? Because isn’t the original owner technically in your brothers name in the US?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

poonprice – Member
    cruzcampo,

Where do you stand on warranty? Because isn’t the original owner technically in your brothers name in the US?

Warranty will be in the US I guess. Bearing issues I can handle here, simply replace if needed, they can be had cheap enough.

Worst case issue would be a frame snap and that would need returning to the US to honour the warranty. Unless jungle or a decent LBS could help me out. UK rrp if you can find this frame now VS chance of snap VS savings I made, I reckon its a good gamble 😛

If the frames built anything like the standard of my Heckler, that’s never even had a bearing change since 2007 and still looks like new.

alanm
    Free Member

Cruzcampo,

Did you have the full price you paid for the frame declared to Customs

Alan

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Importing a Blur LT from USA – £558, logistics?’ is closed to new replies.