Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Import Fees and VAT on Warranty Returns
  • Daffy

I imported some rims from Nextie one of which has a manufacturing defect.

The original rims never got clocked for import fees, but am wondering how it works with warranty returns.

Arguably, I owe HMRC anyway, but…

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers.

DD

andyl
    Free Member

just make sure the shipment is labelled appropriately, should be some guidance. For all they know you could have bought it from a UK retails but are being sorted by the manufacturer direct but if picked up you might be asked to provide proof of purchase and duty paid.

But officially you should call HMRC and tell them you have been naughty and owe them money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well if you had paid then when they came back then IIRC royal mail (or whoever is the courier) will probably collect the tax again and you have to claim it back. But as you never paid it then you don’t have anything to claim back.

If they want it. they’ll ask for it. If they don’t then don’t sweat about it

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Don’t give them the steam off your piss utter **** to the man everyone of them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@chester OP is not giving money to “them” he is giving it to the rest of “us” you included.

me1tdown
    Free Member

I think you have to mark the parcel with ‘failed sale, customer return’ or something to that effect. I’m sure the sentence used to be on the crc site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Import Fees and VAT on Warranty Returns’ is closed to new replies.