Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Impact VXI longevity …
  • simon80
    Free Member

My Shimano flats have finally died…
    I can get a decent price for some impact vxi shoes, but I’ve heard bad stuff about how long they last.
    Any one got long term experience of them?

danbo
    Free Member

Ive had my current pair for 18 months. Ride 1-2 times per week. Had to re-glue the sole a couple of months ago when it started coming away but still going strong

I really like them. The new 2018 version does look good tho

kiwijohn

Had some since xmas. Definite groove getting cut where they sit on the outside of the pedal. Probably need filling with glue soon.
    The rest of the shoe is great & really comfy. Local camping store has Stealth rubber resole kits, which I might look into.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for real world replies.
    I might get some and some industrial glue 😆

extremenik
    Free Member

I’ve had x2 pairs.

1st pairs lasted 6 months, sole issue as discussed above, emailed five ten who asked me to send them back. Got replaced and second pair have lasted 12 months and will easy last a further 6 months.

I wear them quite often so was happy with service and 2 pairs for price of one.

Soles on this style has the Grippier rubber and is softer, I think the new style has gone back to the older material.

milky1980
    Free Member

Loving my pair, so much grip!! Did take a few rides to get them bedded in though. They’ve lasted as long as my previous AM41’s (4 pairs, all wore out the sole in 9 months) did and still have plenty of mileage left in them.

singlespeedstu

One week of Alpine riding and a few uplift day and my vxi impacts have holes in them and have started to delamintate.
    Just had a pair of freeride contacts* resoled at Chesire Shoe Repairs with the older C4 dotty rubber and they seem to be fairing a bit better.

*They were even worse than the vxi’s.

rs
    Free Member

Mine lasted about a year, pins wore a hole in the sole, actually could say 6 months as I used them through the summer with the sole of holes! Also the sole is too soft and squirmy.

Get the impact pros, a million times better in every way!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Impact pro? Are they new? Can’t find them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Impact VXI longevity …’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts