Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iMac – doh
  • burko73

I used my magic keyboard with my Apple TV earlier. I synced it to Apple TV and watched a load of gun stuff on YouTube etc as the weather was rubbish.

I just went upstairs to do something on the iMac and obvs I’m now logged out and need to enter my password to get back in.

Problem is the magic keyboard now won’t work/ connect to iMac. What a div.

I have another Bluetooth / dongle keyboard but I’d taken the dongle out and that won’t work either although the mouse supplied with it will. I’ve used this keyboard before when I’ve had probs with the magic one disconnecting.

Any ideas?

maccruiskeen

Knock on a neighbours door and ask for a cup of sugar

maccruiskeen

I mean lawnmower

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maccruiskeen

I mean USB keyboard

zilog6128

“Gun stuff”? Are you 12? Ask an adult to help.

Rio

Have you tried turning it off and then on again (the keyboard, not the Mac)? Preferably out of range of the Apple TV so it doesn’t just reconnect to that…

burko73

“Gun stuff” = gcn stuff.

dc2.0

Put the keyboard into pairing mode? (Switch it off and then when you power it back on, keep holding the power button until the green led starts flashing)

burko73

Tried turning the keyboard on and off etc. Turned the Mac on and off etc.

I’ll have to wait until work tomorrow for a usb keyboard.

My neighbours one side are deaf and over 80 and the other side have a massive Alsatian and keep themselves to themselves…

burko73

Where is this green led? The switch is an always on/ always off switch so you can’t hold it on to pair, at least I don’t think. If you flick it on its permanent on rather than spring loaded to off.

zilog6128

If you turn the keyboard off then turn it on again but keep the button held down I think it’ll put it into pairing mode.

If you then restart the Mac will it search for a keyboard to pair with?

burko73

Prob with the MAC is it’s password protected so I can’t use the keyboard to type in the password. If I could get in it would be fine, I could fire up the other wireless keyboard or click through to connect the keyboard in the menu.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Use a USB lighting cable plugged into the back of you iMac and use it hard wired.

iamtheresurrection

Make sure you’re disconnected from the Apple TV, use settings to forget the device. Then plug your keyboard in with a lightning cable, it should just pair once the cable is connected.

Edit: wobbliscott beat me to it.

dc2.0

(burko – I think Zilog and I were referring to the previous generation of keyboards where you inserted 2x AA batteries). If it’s the second gen (with the lightning cable to charge internal battery) then wobbli and IATR have it.

burko73

yep, wobbli and IATR have it. all sorted. Thanks everyone.

Back to the “gun stuff….”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iMac – doh’ is closed to new replies.