Viewing 31 posts - 481 through 511 (of 511 total)
  • Im still fuming..Is it just me or are rodies a breed apart…arrogant??
  • butcher

Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

And back to square one, we are.

Is it too much to ask, to have your saftey respected?

butcher

double post – please delete

alex222
    Free Member

Wait, weren’t these points made on page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13?

I personally feel that my point of emailing the club and calling the op a sissy are new to the thread and should be acknowlaged as the best points so far; and infact ever.

Stuey01
    Free Member

double post – please delete

Isn’t that true of every single post in the thread by now?

Stuey01
    Free Member

I personally feel that my point of emailing the club and calling the op a sissy are new to the thread and should be acknowlaged as the best points so far; and infact ever.

Neatly proving my point alex222 doubles up the only original post in the thread 🙂

rootes1

get out of the way!

davidjey
    Free Member

500 posts is in sight….1000 by the end of the week?

binners

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh dear.. I have just Vom’d.

It was the 21st cup of tea that did it..

Or that last but one digestive.

butcher

Isn’t that true of every single post in the thread by now?

Quadruple I’d say. I should give up really.

matt_bl
    Free Member

alex222 – Member
    Wait, weren’t these points made on page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13?

Should be included as a signature in the first post of every new thread from now on!

uphilla
    Free Member

Can’t believe this is still going, must be someone must have some money on how many posts it can get to…. 😉

glenp
    Free Member

Time stuck behind these cyclists vs time wasted in this thread?

One is not ok, but the other is?

brooess
    Free Member

the argument that it’s ‘nicer’ and ‘more courteous’ for cyclists to pull over is utterly misleading.

It suggests cyclists are somehow second-class citizens
    It’s less safe for the cyclist, driver and the driver or cyclist coming the other way.

And as i’ve said numerous times ^^, those who are arguing that point, go and ride the road a few times and experience for yourself what happens when drivers pass you.

There’s a reason I ride primary position and it’s entirely about safety and bitter, bitter experience. If I stop doing this as you suggest, there’s a strong risk my family and friends will be standing around in anguish at my funeral. Please go and get some road riding experience instead of circulating the myth that primary position or two abreast are somehow morally wrong or selfish. It’s not middle aged men playing games, it’s a matter of life and death (no exaggeration)

For cyclists to be taking such a position shows how deeply ingrained these dangerous beliefs are.

And OP, seriously, you’ve wound a few of us up on here, I wouldn’t do this face to face – it’s a very emotive issue amongst regular commuters and road riders and you need to have some empathy for that.

Someone in that group may well know someone injured or killed by a car driver and may not take too kindly to your points.

richmtb

You sir are a sissy lurking driver and a massive troll.

I must admit “sissy lurking driver” was a pretty good one

Chapeau!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I was then told to F-OFF by the only female in the group

Well, it’s impossible to reason with such superior intellect and well thought out arguement

binners

Lifer
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I dunno, there could have been innumerable single cyclist opportunities in four miles, but no peleton overtaking ones.

If he posts a link to the road we could find out.

BruceWee

Was it box hill?

mjsmke

I’m going for a ride.

The next post is number 500. will he or she will win a prize?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Whoever makes the 500th post is right

alex222
    Free Member

congratulations ooOOoo you get an Audi being driven up your chuff for 4 miles 6.5km 400 yards 365.76m. It is being driven by the Queen or Elton John; you decide.

loum
    Free Member

Has this thread got the legs for 600, or will it Chris Froome?

richmtb

Seriously can we see this road or not?

ads678

I would just like to say that i hope most of you remember this thread the next time you are buzzing the back wheel of a slower rider on a trail.

Remember a trail is just like a road but for bikes, everybody has the sam status and the same rights to be there, and you should not expect the slower rider to pull over for you just cos you can go faster. 😉

matt_bl
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member
    I was then told to F-OFF by the only female in the group
    Well, it’s impossible to reason with such superior intellect and well thought out arguement

You do realise we only have one description of the events?

Matt

Tiger6791

I saw the Olympic Road race on Sat

They stayed in a big bunch and didn’t let a stream of BMWs that were behind them past either.

I think the BMW drivers were into cycling too as they had bikes and wheels on the roof.

So maybe your bunch were racing in the ‘limpics?

Mike_D
    Free Member

I’m outraged. I was just travelling along the information superhighway on my way to somewhere VITAL when I got stuck behind a slow-moving forum thread. Wretched thing dribbled on for 15 pages and no-one would pull it over and let me past. Made me late for some very important humorous cat pictures, it did. HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION.

m1kea
    Free Member

I put my sensible thoughts down back in pages err whatever. This post is just to keep this going as it’s clearly keeping some of us occupied.

Oh and Specialknees, can we please have the road in question?

mjsmke

Remember a trail is just like a road but for bikes, everybody has the sam status and the same rights to be there, and you should not expect the slower rider to pull over for you just cos you can go faster.

But if your in the middle of a long trail where you can move over to let a faster rider past its the polite thing to do. I do it for faster riders and the very few riders who are slower than me do it for me. It keeps the trails a happy place.

Obviously if your half way up or down a tricky section then you can’t.

specialknees
    Free Member

Its all getting a bit silly and personal now.
    I just wanted a few other peoples views.

Your Right brooess, there could be more to it, could well be someone in the group had an accident or something.

Thanks for the comments everybody, I read them all and have taken all on board.
    I may not be a better driver as a result but I will certainly be wiser.

Viewing 31 posts - 481 through 511 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘Im still fuming..Is it just me or are rodies a breed apart…arrogant??’ is closed to new replies.