I'm sorry – it's Friday and I am a Roman Catholic…M&S content

Home Forum Chat Forum I'm sorry – it's Friday and I am a Roman Catholic…M&S content

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • I'm sorry – it's Friday and I am a Roman Catholic…M&S content
  • chewkw

In other part of the world if you are a non-Muslamic you don’t get employed. Simple.

If you want to be employed you need to convert, otherwise go elsewhere for a job.

Premier Icon allyharp
    Subscriber

I fully commend an employer for trying to assist anybody in adapting their job role to suit their own personal preferences – ie placing an employee who doesn’t want to handle alcohol in other areas of the store – but if an employee insisted that they wanted to work on the tills and refused to handle certain goods, I think the employer would have to take the hard line. Ultimately, anything else would inconvenience customers and lead to losing business.

I think if you’re going to make exceptions for religious beliefs you’d have to make exceptions for political & ethical beliefs also. What would we be doing if, for example, this checkout assistant was refusing to serve pork on the grounds of being a vegan?

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘I'm sorry – it's Friday and I am a Roman Catholic…M&S content’ is closed to new replies.