Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • I'm sooooo cold
  • emsz
    Free Member

I’m wearing everything I own! I look like that episode of Friends when Joey has all Chandlers clothes on.

Watching news 24. When did “dump” become acceptable for the BBC to use. Can’t help giggling everytime the say it even if it is about snow OMG they’re even using it about wikileaks now!!

ton

emsz……..come and dump yourself on my knee…..i will keep you warm……. 😉

binners

As my fatha would say:

“tha’s bloody nesh!!”

Has that helped?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

went out on a snowclocross ride yesterday and seriously misjudged the protection of my extremities.

I’ve been cold before but never suffered from agonising pain in toes and fingers whilst warming up, screaming like a baby i was.

Assos winter plus socks are no defence against the wind it seems

Junkyard
    Free Member

MTFU – at least I know my error this time 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Mrmichaelwright you went riding? Are you mad? There’s NO way I’m riding a bicycle in this weather.

Ton: Cheeky 🙂

binners

I made that mistake last winter. Riding Penmancho in the snow.

The pain in my fingers and toes was agonising in the final few miles. I will never ever do anything that mind-bogglingly stupid ever again.

After all: isn’t that why God invented pubs with big roaring log fires? 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I did four and a half hours around Rivington and Belmont on Saturday with two equally stupid friends. I have just thawed out. I think a flask of hot vimto actually saved my life!

First dibs on emsz please.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Do some of the gymnastics you claim to be able to do to warm up then.

TiRed

You need a Rab Neutrino down-filled vest. Bought one for my wife who is recovering from an Op in our very cold house. In fact I think the Govt should give them out to pensioners as part of the Winter Fuel Allowance.

I’m wearing it now 😈 …

Harry_the_Spider

You big bunch of susans.

I did a couple of hours yesterday evening then rolled about on my frosty lawn wearing nowt but my G-Shock.

noobs
    Free Member

Cold! That’s global warming for you

hels
    Free Member

Do you have a sleeping bag ? I have one that you can unzip the feet so you can still walk. Works a treat on cold days. Glamorous and sexy yet so practical.

carlosg
    Free Member

soft sod , I just got in from robbing posting letters , still in shorts till I get told not to be!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’ll see your sleeping bag and raise you a snuggie

definitely on this years christmas list

speaker2animals

I’m in my sleeping bag but have had to turn the fire on as my feet are freezing. Got a pair of sock liners on and sealskinz but they just ain’t warming up. May have to reconsider my strategy before cycling to work at 22:00 tonight. Can’t wait!

sharki
    Free Member

It’s not THAT cold, another 2 months ad then it’ll be proper baltic by my reckoning.

Now it’s just a touch chilly.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Alcohol works wonders in the short term, my hands are always warmer after the mid ride pub stop.

A couple of years ago we went to a ‘Titanic’ exhibition. One of the blurbs explained that the chefs survival after 12 hours in the icy water was attributed to him drinking a bottle of whiskey as the ship went down. The alcohol apparantly stopped his blood congealing as it cooled.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Apply this:

in the manner demonstrated by Richard E Grant in Withnail and I.

Blackhound

Just gone into my front room and the temp is 9 degrees C. If I had to stay in there long I would be taking up Ton’s offer;-) Bit warmer out the back.

Was thinking this morning on way back from London I should hop on a train and take advantage of the free wi-fi and coffee to combat the cold and save on heating bills. (After a long career on the railway I get free travel…)

Bunnyhop

I’m sure most of you are in your overly heated, carpeted offices with hot drink facilities at the touch of a button.

My attic (workroom) is so cold I’m wearing skiing thermals, 2 fleeces and a duck down body warmer.

Had to give in now and light the fire.

Sleeping bag idea sounds great.

lowey

Twas a bit nippy on last nights impromtu night ride over Rivi, Winter hill and Belmont. Had the place to myself at 9pm but it was properly cold up there.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It to cold to go into the garage to fettle with me bike, never mind riding it brrrr!

emsz
    Free Member

Hels it’s not quite at the sleeping bag stage yet 😀

The people in that snuggle advert look like some bizarre cult!
    Is wearing gloves indoors acceptable?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not got to gloves stage yet, 2 fleeces and a scarf and hat so far. Can’t sort through a years worth of receipts wearing gloves although perhaps that’d be a good thing….

Edric64
    Free Member

It’s still shorts weather though!!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i work in shorts all year, it’s a standing jokes amongst my colleagues

on saturday however, i resorted to trousers and long johns for a long day at the NEC arena, even up in the roof where it’s normally far too warm it was bleeding baltic

emma82
    Free Member

I’ve had about 10 layers on all day as well as having radiators on full blast and a portable heater I’ve been sat on pretty much all day. Couldn’t even write at one point cos I couldn’t feel my hands. It’s due to snow here tonight. Roll on summer I say.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I wish I’d bought one of these in decathlon on saturday
    Sleepmover down jacket/sleeping bag thingy

simonralli2
    Free Member

Edit – dang – must read whole post before suggesting Withnail and I inspired suggestions.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Does that come with a scythe?

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

I’ve got millions of pensioners living in the flats underneath me, they’ve all got their heating whacked up full all year round. I’ve got my heating turned off and I’m sat here in a t-shirt and jeans drinking a pint of squash wiv icecubes in it. it’s lovely, never gets cold in here.

emma82
    Free Member

Millions of pensioners? I’m sure you’ve been told a billion times before not to exaggerate 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Right that’s it I’m off to the market for damarts tomorrow.

I’ve given in and got the sleeping bag out.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mrs_d has the central heating and the fire in the front room on. I’m sat here in t-shirt & jeans & thinking about swapping to t-shirt & shorts

tooooo HOT

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

Well…maybe not millions but at least loads.:)

rOcKeTdOg

today is the first day since February that i haven’t worn shorts for work so it’s officially cold….not turned the work radiator on yet though 😉

jamesca
    Free Member

nice 26 degs here today, looks like another sunny weekend ahead

epicyclo

Try this Brynje Super Thermo. Very effective underwear.

And here’s why it works

lipseal
    Free Member

How about a pair of these…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘I'm sooooo cold’ is closed to new replies.