I'm out on strike!!!!

Home Forum Bike Forum I'm out on strike!!!!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • I'm out on strike!!!!
  • headfirst

When do you think they’ll notice? 😉

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

Ain’t been paid again. Ain’t going to work no more ’till I am paid.

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

It’s a small outfit so he will notice.

billyboy – Member
    It’s a small outfit so he will notice.

Lederhosen? Mankini? Cowboy outift with chaps?

yossarian

has your mum forgotten your pocket money again?

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

This is serious guys.

This is the first time I’ve ever been out on strike …and it’s not like I’m supported by any union or fellow striking workers… I’m on my own, making a stand against a capitalist oppressor of the working classes…..

Could do with a little support here.

self employed?

I hope you organised a proper ballot. wildcat strikes are illegal nowadays and your union could be sequestrated

Kuco

You have already been replaced 😉

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Solidarity comrade!!

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

what do you have to do to count as a strike?

surely if you aren’t being paid and you aren’t going to work, that is quitting (or being sacked).

confused.

Dave

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I just got me a new job! Apparently the last guy just walked out claiming he was on strike.

duckman

Damn! beaten to it by the Northwind 😀

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Northwind – Member

I just got me a new job! Apparently the last guy just walked out claiming he was on strike.

Doesn’t pay very well though.

PeterPoddy

That’s not striking! If they’re not paying you, why go to work?

allthepies

Power to the peeeeeeople…..

I_Ache

Wouldn’t you be better off going to work but refusing to do anything? Surely if you just don’t go in you can be disciplined. How is he supposed to know what’s wrong if you don’t tell him and approaching him is much faster and safer than waiting for him to realise your not in and then find out why.

Maybe there has been an error at the bank.

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

Up the bank!

Gooner

isn’t non payment of salary constructive dismissal?

pastcaring

you have my sympathies! never good not getting paid.

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

Thanks pastcaring.

It’s been going on for over a year. My employer promises regular payment on a set date and then it never happens. He’s even lapsed any payment at all for periods of two months or so at a time.

He promised to pay me on saturday for the previous month. Come Tuesday morning I’m trying to pay bills but he hasn’t paid me so I can’t. I ask him again to pay me. He says sorry, will do and then doesn’t, so I tell him, let me know when you have paid me and I will gladly present myself again for work.

I’ve heard nothing since.

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

Northwind

I wish you joy of the worm

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

time to cut your loses and move on I’d say.

pastcaring

he’s name not greg french is it? the worst payer i’ve ever had the misfortune to work for…

he put the company under owing me a lot of money, and than rang me the next day to see if i wanted to work for the new firm he started that day!

there are always people out there that will get your money for a price.

good luck! hope you get what your owed.

Junkyard

FFS sometimes this forum is poor he has not been paid and cant pay his bills have a heart STW this not the time for joking[ though some of it was the funny]. How happy would you be if you had not been paid
    OP you have my sympathy. I would call them though as you need this sorting

tony24

sorry to here this. its not right when you are depending on money and people let you down if it was me i would get out and look for something else.

Seek legal advice if you can. may help you to put something down in writing other wise he can just say ” He never mentioned money”. 🙄

Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

Try taking advice. Citizens advice bureau will be more help than some on here!

I assume your employer is having some cash flow issues which male it hard to pay you and if the bank is not playing ball he probably has no choice but should be honest with you. Suggest a conversation rather than getting start an sackin yourself!

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

We have already had the conversation numerous times. He has gone for about two months or more before now without paying me anything, and all the while I’m running up travel costs etc. Constant promises, proposed dates for payment but then nothing happens.

There have been two promises of payment for last month’s work since Saturday and assurances that he had money etc, then nothing happens, and I’ve had to raid my savings again to pay bills I thought my wages were going to cover.

I just couldn’t see the point of giving him more and more free labour. I’ve got a secondary source of income(through my own endevours), albeit things will be tighter than I’d like, so I told him I wanted to work there and when he paid me I’d gladly present myself for work again.

It actually feels quite empowering to stop the pattern of abuse.

Every cloud etc….might take time out to investigate setting up my own workshop in competition with him….might be able to undercut him and provide a better service.

5thElefant

Every cloud etc….might take time out to investigate setting up my own workshop in competition with him….might be able to undercut him and provide a better service.

I like the sound of that.

Do go after him for the non payment of wages – take real advice but you should be able to get the unpaid wages and possibly more

loddrik

I must have been on strike for a while then.. 😐

mark a.

Do you work for RaceFace or something?

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Do you have a contract?
    Tricky if not.

upcreek

and when he paid me I’d gladly present myself for work again.

I don’t get this, he’s been doing this to you for a year and yet when/if he does pay you you’ll gladly work for him again?

Trimix

If he is not paying you – he will also not be paying just about everyone else.

When companys run out of money the stop paying the creditors who make the least fuss. Sooner or later the tax man / bank / large creditor will have him wound up.

Sue him now or you will never get paid. Get your money before someone bigger claims all he has, leaving you high and dry. Get a winding up order on him, then grab all his clients. Simple.

Not paying you is like stealing your labour.

Premier Icon billyboy
    Subscriber

Upcreek and wwaswas

You are right. It’s just a shame ‘cos I did enjoy the job, but I couldn’t go on being treated like that.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

He’s clearly got cash flow issues but you shouldn’t be the one who’s effectively lending him money by working for nothing to get him out of a hole.

If you do set up on your own then maybe say you’ll still do jobs for him but inisist on cash up front?

Premier Icon DaveRambo
    Subscriber

As the others have said you should go after him for what he owes you.

I’d write him a formal letter stating that if you don’t have the moneies owed in 7 days you’ll start proceedings against him.

Then take him to small claims court – it is cheap and easy to do.
    Worth making sure you have a note of the conversations you’ve had with him and promises made etc.

upcreek

Well if he does pay you can I suggest getting paid in advance in future 🙂

Hope things get sorted out for you.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘I'm out on strike!!!!’ is closed to new replies.