• This topic has 103 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by chipps.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Very sad news – sound advice incoming!
  • Premier Icon twistedpencil

As above – hang in there and be kind to yourself.   I can empathise all too well at the moment.   This place is waiting to help you when you’re ready for the support.

Premier Icon Houns

Mental illness is an illness, your brain is telling you all sorts of rubbish, this is a symptom of your illness. You will get better. This will pass.

This.

Will.

Pass.

Premier Icon crapjumper
    Free Member

Nothing more to add to all the above so just look after yourself mate and make sure whatever you do that you get all the help you need

Premier Icon brakestoomuch

I’m really sorry to hear you feel this way. As many others have said, keep in touch here and with those close to you. There is a theory that every electron in the universe is connected, so that means were are all connected, and we’re better off for it. I sincerely hope you find a way through to feeling better very soon.

Premier Icon chipster

Hey eddiebaby, sad to hear this. Get well soon, fella.

Premier Icon footflaps

That sounds pretty shit. You should come on here and post a brain dump when you’re feeling up to it. Writing down all your troubles often helps put them in context. It’s never quite as bad as it seems (although it can seem very bleak at times).

Premier Icon thenorthwind

Really sorry to read this. Please keep talking. We’re all here to listen.

Premier Icon chipps

Sorry to hear you’re not having fun. We’ll be here when you’re back – even if that’s in five minutes…

Besides, you’ve not seen my new pedalboard yet… 🙂

Premier Icon simondbarnes

Get yourself well soon, the guitar thread will be missing you.

Premier Icon AdamT

Hang in there chap.

Premier Icon Northwind

All the best to you… I’ve been pretty close, never quite got that far, it’s a cliche that we can get better but there’s a load of us on here that are the proof I think. Don’t know if you’ve had help before but that’s another cliche that’s sadly true, sometimes you don’t get help til you’ve got literally no other choice, or only one other choice, that was me too. Good luck

Premier Icon hammy7272
    Free Member

Fair play for posting. Takes some guts. Take care and keep talking no matter who that is to.

Premier Icon idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Behaving like a grown-up is overrated. By posting on here, and by getting help, you’re doing the most courageous thing though (even though I know it doesn’t feel like it). We’re all here for you 👍

Premier Icon Tom-B
    Free Member

😔

So sorry to hear this mate, always enjoyed your posts on the forum. Always free for a chat/beer/ride if you happen to be anyway near Cheshire.

Take care man

Premier Icon Poopscoop

@eddiebaby

I’m so sorry mate, I hadn’t read this and I bloody messaged you over an item you had for sale a little while ago! I’m so sorry.

Please keep us informed mate. I’ve attempted similar on my younger life and I’m so, so glad I failed.

“It’s a permanent solution to a temporary problem” as someone once said to me. I’ve always remembered that phrase.

Keep posting on here, even if it’s just a rambling mess or a rant.

Premier Icon Philby

Hope you can find the strength and support to get you through this dark period! Take care and best wishes for a full recovery.

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Morning all. (Just over 26 hours ago I thought I’d never say that again.)
    Thanks for the kind words. I have about 12 cuts on my left wrist in a sort of asterisk shape (or as I like to think of it an asshole drawn by Kurt Vonnegut). Most cuts especially the transverse ones are fairly shallow but the deeper ones as a result of multiple strokes on the same site are longitudinal. I was definitely avoiding tendons. I dug through the tissue over about 7cm and didnt damage an artery. This all took about 25 minutes including the time to let myself back into the house and try to find something sharper.
    I still cant believe how little blood came out. I have had far worse shaving cuts- really.
    The fact that I did so little real damage and the fact I didnt make a serious effort on my right wrist leads me to suspect I am a little emo wannabe.
    My relief after a few hours was immense. The police, ambulance team and my mate at the house were great. Since then I have met and spoken to my GP for the first time and been in touch with the mental health team and had an interview. I am staying with my brother in the Surrey Hills and we went for a 5 mile walk through some woods around Frensham ponds yesterday evening and walked the dog. I also found a tree stump that looked like Heath Ledger’s Joker in the gloom.
    So now I’m alive and and on a major bounce back. Everyone around me is supportive. I’m owed three years unclaimed state pension and and am moving back to the coast soonish. My problems haven’t gone away but the people around me have given me a route to at least trying solving them.
    I’ve been prescribed anti depressants but I dont HAVE to take them so I’ll keep them to hand. I am going to be more open with those who care about me and rely on there input about my mental state luckily my bro won’t pull any punches in dealing with me.
    So thanks again for the kindness shown.
    Poopscoop – when I got your PM I thought asshole – but I’m probably being hard on myself 😁 . I’d sold it on Facebook last week and forgot to mark it as sold on here. Sorry about that.
    Until I get properly sorted I’ll pop back now and then if only to post the wierd tree stop pic.
    If I do show up please dont tiptoe round me like you’re walking on eggshells. Not that that is the STW way 😍
    Right. Time to go and undo some of the slash and burn I’ve been commiting on my life over the last couple of weeks and get ready to get a newspaper out next week.

Oooh! Just realised I WILL get to see Black Widow.

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Great Post to read! Take care of yourself and well done

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

I didnt make a serious effort on my right wrist leads me to suspect I am a little emo wannabe.

Bollocks mate, you need to be in a dark place to even bring yourself to start looking at a razor and applying that to an arm.
    I think partly its a way of punishing yourself, the pain i mean. So even small cuts produce pain which produces the required effect.

Some folk react badly to antidepressants, and I think it can actually make things worse, so maybe not take them and look to other remedies first. Theres a great one I’ve heard tell works wonders. It’s called ‘Cycling’ or something like that. Maybe you’ve heard of it 😕

Levity aside, getting out and about help, and sometimes you’ve got to drag yourself even though you really dont feel like doing anything. Sit in the garden if you have one, look at the clouds(UK, always clouds) maybe look towards a job needing doing outside. Its a documented fact(OK I dont know if it is 😆 ) but negative ions…..he’s going weird again 😯 … apparently play a part in releasing serotonin, which lighten the mood, and work well towards dispelling depression and depressive thoughts. Forget rock crystals or ionizing air fans, apparently those dont actually work, but being outside(or near waterfalls especially) the air is full of them, which is probably why exercise is something that is a known therapy for depression. Cycling, being outside doing stuff in the garden etc..
    Nobody is saying you need to go off today, tomorrow or even next week, but try to look towards getting out a bit more, or even put up a tent and camp out in the garden. Talk your brother into that. About everyone camped out in the garden, be like old times 😉

Stay alive, be alive. Tomorrow is another day. What youre doing today you might not be a year from now or ten. It is a sad truth than many young commit suicide because they cannot picture there ever being a change to the current situation they are in. But the truth is so radically different. Take me. Drugs, heroin, weed etc, homelessness,gang raped at 16, abused as a small kid, bullied etc, to having 2 trades, knowing how to sail a yacht, winning races, learning shit loads. Aged 17 I for a FACT knew I wasn’t going to make it to 21. But here I am aged 53….I now know I’ll make it for as long as nature allows. however dark the past, its the past, tomorrow will be brighter for sure and if it isn’t, I know from long experience it eventually will be. I used to wear my sleeves down as i spent a fair bit of time carving myself up, but now im not bothered, it was part of life and i cant deny that. I make no excuses and if some dont like that then fk em.

Life is fantastic, it’s wonderful, loads to do, loads of beautiful women out there(or whomever)places to go, scraggy Robins to be sad about. and Christmases a plenty.

Premier Icon augustuswindsock

Eddie, several years ago my nephew posted on here that he was suicidal, the stw family rallied round, sending love and positivity to him. By sheer good fortune I saw the post and realised it was him, and helped pull him round.
    He’s in a completely different, far, far better place now, I’m sure you can be too, hang in there, take all the support that’s offered, there may come a time when you see someone else that’s struggling and you could be the one who makes a difference to them.
    But for now, be kind to yourself.

Premier Icon flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Glad to hear you’re still here.

Look after yourself and lean on this forum for support if needed.

Premier Icon duncancallum

Thanks for taking the time and thought to post an update.

Good luck with the future! Your past the hardest part.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1

So sorry to hear this OP, always thought you make good forum contributions. If you are ever in Sweden come say hi

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

So glad you are seeing the start of something better.

If you’ve been given medication, seriously think about using it. I was very against taking meds but luckily my GP listened to my concerns and prescribed a very mild dose, which took a few weeks to kick in but when it did I suddenly had some mental space to deal with the CBT and counselling (luckily for me through work) which made the bigger difference, and I was able to come off it after a couple of years.

The best thing I did was getting help. Things can still be a struggle, especially through lockdown, but I now have the experience and knowledge to understand that the black days will pass and I’ll come out the other side, and you will too.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Oooh! Just realised I WILL get to see Black Widow.

Of course. Then there’s Loki, Eternals, Spiderman No Way Home, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther 2, Thor: Blood and Thunder, Antman 3, GotG 3…

Marvel have got you covered until middle of 2023.

Good to hear you’re feeling a bit more chipper. We’re all here if you’re not.

Premier Icon brakestoomuch

Glad to hear you’re finding a way to better times.

Premier Icon DezB

Good news 🙂

Premier Icon creakingdoor
    Free Member

So now I’m alive and and on a major bounce back.

Phew, I was seriously worried about you! It sounds like you’re already starting to get the help you need, now get out and ride your bike/go for a long walk/whatever floats your boat.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Pictures of the Heath Ledger Tree, or it didn’t happen.

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Be careful what you as for.
    i nearly pooped myself when i saw it in the gloom.

Joker-1

Premier Icon martinhutch

All I’m seeing is Howard the Duck. 🙂

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Looks like a sad dog’s face to me.

Premier Icon DezB

What Heath Ledger looks like now

Premier Icon TomB

Eddiebaby, you very kindly sold me an XTR bb for my lad’s new bike build around Christmas, at a very reasonable price. While I don’t know you, your posts are always positive and helpful, and my lad is loving his bike. Stick in there fella, talk to people, play guitar and ride a bike. Glad to hear today is better than yesterday. All the best, Tom.

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

@eddiebaby

I am staying with my brother in the Surrey Hills

If you fancy a ride or bimble just say.
    Happy to go a ride and have a choice of loan bikes assuming you didn’t bring one.
    I’ve spoken to about 20 people in the last year f2f .. most of those medical.. so I might blather on but I won’t take offense if it annoys you and you tell me to STFU to enjoy the outdoors…

.. my PM replies don’t work but if you send me a phone/email happy to meet you anywhere round Surrey Hills with choice of bikes.

Not working at the moment so whenever is good (except Friday I’ve committed to a pump track ride with a mate)

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

@eddiebaby

Or indeed if you want to come on Friday… can pick you (and brother if wanted) up…

Premier Icon willard

@eddiebaby I’ve been lurking on this thread since i first saw it, hoping that things would work out. Your last post (not the Howard the Duck stump) was like a huge weight off my chest. I’m really glad things are taking shape around you in a positive way.

If you need to vent, shout, scream or cry, please don’t hesitate to. Message, post, whatever, just talk if you need to.

Premier Icon jugheaddave
    Free Member

reading this post has given me the courage to finally call my Dr to chat about some of my own issues.

Thanks everyone for all the support you have showed the OP!!!

Premier Icon Greybeard

Great to see you’re going in the right direction, Eddie. Keeping finding the positives!

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

I didn’t reply to this the other day as I didn’t know what to say but I’ve been thinking about it a lot.

You went a bit further than I ever did but I know what it’s like to put plans in place. Selling everything you own, giving stuff away, withdrawing from people. I convinced myself that certain people would be better off if I wasn’t around which is total BS, but there was a time when I really believed it.

So now I’m alive and and on a major bounce back

The bounce back always comes! I know it’s shit waiting for it but all those black days are temporary.

It’s unbelievable the stuff that used to go through my head on a daily basis. My life is unrecognisable now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.