• This topic has 103 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by chipps.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Very sad news – sound advice incoming!
  • Premier Icon eddiebaby

At 3am today I went to the garage and hacked at my wrists. I have aberrant radial arteries. It should have been easy. It wasn’t. I even came back into the house for a sharper blade.
    It wasn’t meant to be an emo cry for help. I’ve been with the police, an ambulance and my brother are coming and a housemate is staying with me.
    I cant process it at the moment but I’m in a strange limbo as I really didnt expect to be here. Ive given away a lot of possessions and most of my clothes to charity shops.
    I’m just waiting for Tim to turn up and then I’ll be in touch with the health centre and the police are putting mental health services in contact.
    I’ll be back when I’m able to behave like a grown up.

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Forum still not putting up new topics I see.
    ‘Laters all.

Premier Icon swdan
    Free Member

Hi Eddiebaby, I don’t know you but am sending my best wishes and thoughts. I have nothing to offer other than to say please keep talking to people and being open and honest. Hopefully you’ll get the help you need to get through this

Premier Icon kimbers

We will be here for you when you feel up to it.
    Stay safe

Premier Icon schmiken

I echo the above, I hope you can start to feel better.

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. Get better soon.

Premier Icon swdan
    Free Member

And to add, I completely understand why you may want to be off social media but also remember that there’s a whole heap of people on here will to pull together for one of their own. Sometimes you just need to get your thoughts out there and people here have shown time and again that they are willing to listen and provide sound advice

Premier Icon RustyNissanPrairie

This forum is pretty good for support when it’s needed in amongst all the bickering.

Good luck – I’m in Rossendale if you need a brew/chat

Premier Icon BillMC

Don’t isolate yourself. Be open and stay connected, on here and everywhere else. Make yourself do flow stuff. Very best wishes for an uplift, it will happen.

Premier Icon spandex_bob

Hi Eddie, so sorry to read your post. Please take the time you need and draw on all the help you want. This place is amazing at supporting, and will be here right when you’re ready; today, tomorrow, whenever. Take care, and keep talking.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

@Eddiebaby I don’t know you either but I too am sending my best wishes and thoughts. I understand if you feel you must go, but we’ll miss you on the Guitarists of STW thread. Take care.

Premier Icon muggomagic

Take care Eddie and get well soon.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Take care of yourself, Eddie. Pop back on whenever you feel like a chat with some idiots. Your posts usually make me smile (in a good way).

Premier Icon dirtyboy

Take care of yourself Eddie. Hugs DB

Premier Icon funkmasterp

So sorry to read this Eddie. Please come back as soon as you feel you’re able to do so. This place is great for support. Sending love to you mate.

Premier Icon BigJohn

I’ve never met you Eddie, but I like you a lot. You have inspired and helped me, music wise and I’d happily come to meet you and shoot the breeze.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Stick in fella please post up your thoughts anytime.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Jeez, I’m sorry to read this.

Take care of yourself, take all the help and support you are offered, people on here will be happy to listen and offer a shoulder or a helping hand when you are ready.

Premier Icon dannyh

Take the time you need away from whatever you need the time away from to get better. It is an illness and can be treated. When you are past the worst of it (and you will get past the worst of it) don’t be a stranger. Pop in to see what nonsense we are all rattling on about and ease yourself back in.

What tyres for frost-covered roots at -2 Celsius and a 30 degree slope (when that is 0.1% of the distance covered on a ride)?

Are there any 12 speed components anywhere in the galaxy yet?

Why do SRAM insist on having a minimum of +2 unnecessary sub components on every product?

What is the correct way to cook cheese on toast?

These are just a few of the vital topics that will, no doubt, still be being discussed when you are better.

Best Wishes,

Dan

Premier Icon bearnecessities

I’ve never met you Eddie, but I like you a lot.

As usual someone else puts it better than I could, so I’ll just nick it and agree.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

dude stay in here, things can and will be better

come shoot the breeze with us anytime, share you thoughts, you know it will be ok, so many good folk on here

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

This is the place to be when you can or can’t behave like a grown up. We are all here for you without judgement.

Premier Icon duncancallum

Never met you but as above if you need anything ask.

Premier Icon PJay
    Free Member

Hang in there mate; glad that you felt able to post.

I’ve been in some pretty dark places and had a life long battle with mental health issues so know that things really can change for the better.

We’ll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Premier Icon Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve always enjoyed your contributions, so pop back when you can and keep us entertained / informed.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

So I guess my plan to take the piss out of you for making a big announcement rather than just leaving has to be revised somewhat having opened the thread. 😛

Really sorry to hear you’ve been feeling so terrible – depression is a brutal illness. Social media can be a destructive bugger IMO but it does have it’s plus side, and people on here can actually be super helpful and supportive when the shit hits the fan. Talking to a stranger can be easier than friends and family.

Anyway, we are all sending big hugs and best wishes for your recovery. ♥️

Premier Icon Blackflag

Get well soon fella.

Premier Icon deadpool
    Free Member

Hi Eddiebaby
    I don’t know you and won’t pretend to know what you’re going through and have endured.
    I have however contemplated killing myself quite regularly over the last few years. I’ve gone so far as to plan how to do it but never attempted it.
    If you would like to talk then pm me or drop me an email, address should be in my profile.
    I won’t pretend that I can help, but I will listen and I can empathise to a degree.
    Happy to do this while riding a bike too if you prefer.

Premier Icon nickc

I’ll echo what other’s have said better. You’re one of the good-guys,  take care of yourself.

Premier Icon Pigface
    Free Member

Dude really sorry to read this, please don’t hurt yourself, never be afraid to ask for help.

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Am glad you have got help.
    People on here are awesome (argumentative and occasionally annoying but awesome) and am sure anyone of the people posting on this thread would be happy to chat if you need it.
    Keep posting if it helps otherwise come back when you can and am sure people will happily drag you out for a ride if you are in their area

Premier Icon timbog160

Good luck mate!

Premier Icon DezB

All the best eddiebaby, hope you get to watch another terrible film really soon. Wish I could remember your real name, it ain’t Eddie!

Premier Icon Edukator
    Free Member

****, I hope you haven’t done too much damage, I’m sure your guitars still love you, your Yamaha amp you couldn’t bring yourself to part with too. 😉

Look on the bright side, if you can’t ride a bike for a bit you’re less likely to be hit by an errant motorist (for the non guitarists Eddie had a meeting with concrete recently). 🙁 Black humour aside, if you want the impression the world is mad and unfair then ride a bike on the road in an urban area because some people don’t give a **** about others, but most do. Which is a bit like society in general and STW too.

I don’t know how you got to where you are now or how you can turn it around, I hope you find a way.

Premier Icon chakaping

Hey edddiebaby, I always appreciate your contributions and you seem like a genuinely nice guy from your posts.

You know where we are if you need anything.

Premier Icon stcolin
    Free Member

Hey Eddie. Hope you are okay fella. Struggling much the same these days, it’s a tough life but I’m sure there is a way. Be kind to yourself.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Having been in a similar position a few years ago and close to it recently all I can say is look around you at who has come to your aid, whether that’s family, friends or posters on here with messages. People care about you and are willing to help you through this. Don’t be afraid to lean on this support as much as you need to.

I cant process it at the moment but I’m in a strange limbo as I really didnt expect to be here.

No-one ever does expect to get to this point and the lack of processing the situation is absolutely normal. I’ll second others above who have offered to meet you for a ride/pint/chat/whatever, even happy to travel if you’re not in my area.

Premier Icon jamj1974

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I can very much empathise with your feelings, as I get similarly extremely low. Finding a support network and coping strategies that can be there for you is essential – and this place is part of mine.

Stay present and fight the inclination to withdraw – because withdrawal from positive engagement never, ever helps.

Keep posting, keep talking and remember that other people can see the value in you – even when you cannot.

Premier Icon scuttler

Good luck and take your time. Don’t give your bike(s) away – second hand gear worth a fortune right now 😉

Premier Icon teesoo

Get well soon Eddie.
    Take care.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.