Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Im not the only one with an allergy to quorn are you ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

been eating quorn for years without a problem but last night things changed !

a few days ago we had some and my wife said she felt really sick hot sweaty etc we just put it down to eating to much (if that’s possible shes wafer thin) last night I cooked with it and about an hour after I was hot sweaty dizzy and feeling very ill I got into a right panic…I went upstairs stripped off I was so hot ! I knew I was going to be sick but nothing would come up, I self induced the vomiting but still nothing I couldn’t sit lay close eyes as I was so dizzy…then it came the projectile puke ! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh instantly felt better…slept 8hrs and fine again !

whilst I was being ill my wife was looking on the net and apparently this can happen due to the fungus in it ! They have tried to ban it in America….

have you ever had this from quorn ?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You’re a spelling mistake away from hilarity!

Drac

I have no idea as I eat dead animals.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is not advised to feed to kids under 2 iirc – may have changed as i dont eat it as i am a vegan [ it has egg in it]

samuri
    Free Member

I’m allergic to things that taste vile, so yes.

crikey
    Free Member

I would suggest that after eating Quorn for years the likelyhood of you being allergic to it is low. It’s more likely to be some kind of food poisoning and therefore user error.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s banned from the house (until recently I was a veggie) as it made the missus and the kids suffer from uncontrollable flatulence.

Letting your cat eat it isn’t a good idea either *Parp!*

zilog6128

Odd that you would both develop an allergy at the same time… sure it wasn’t just regular food contamination/poisoning?

Allergies to mushrooms/fungus are common so it’s possible of course. Why you’d want to eat that factory grown crap when our shops are so chock full of fresh food is another mystery entirely…

camo16
    Free Member

crikey +1. That was some sick quorn, dude.

binners

Have you considered trying one of these instead?

Drac

Needs a few more minutes Binners.

camo16
    Free Member

That guy in the background is about to do something very unpleasant to background cow. 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

samuri – Member

I’m allergic to things that taste vile, so yes.
    That suggests that Quorn has a taste.

Drac

I would suggest that after eating Quorn for years the likelyhood of you being allergic to it is low

That’s not who allergies work though, you can eat a food or be get exposed to something many times before you develop the allergy.

Edit: Sorry that really should say before an allergy triggers.

That said 2 people in the same house suddenly developing a one, no I don’t buy that either.

wwaswas

I’ve eaten Quorn twice in my life. On both occasions I was violently sick within an hour of eating it.

I wasn’t aware I *was* eating it on the second occasion.

My wife had decided to do a blind test to see if I genuinely had a problem with it or had just been playing up for not being fed meat the first time.

robdob
    Free Member

“Peterpoddy to the forum please”

Let him tell you what Quorn does to him…..

poly
    Free Member

zilog6128 – Member
    Odd that you would both develop an allergy at the same time… sure it wasn’t just regular food contamination/poisoning?

Not at the same time – but a couple of days apart – just like if it was a “bug going around”

molgrips
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like an allergy, more like just bad Quorn.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

My family eats Quorn quite often, not to be confused with the Korn tribuite band, which we don’t eat or listen too.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve said it before, but quorn is simply Athlete’s Foot with good PR.
    horrendous stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

My athlete’s foot tastes very different.

MadPierre

I have eaten Quorn lots (being veggie and ignoring all the usual meat eating stupid responses above) and never had anything like that.

I have had food poisoning though and that’s what it sounds like you two had!

binners

Doesn’t sound like an allergy, more like just bad Quorn.

That sort of implies that there is such a thing as good Quorn?

scotroutes

If only McDonalds did Quorn burgers….

AlexSimon

Junkyard – I don’t buy it myself, but I was told at a recent BBQ that many Quorn products are now Vegan.

Just looked at their website “(the Quorn Burger) is part of Quorn™ Foods’ effort to reduce its use of eggs in order to prevent cruelty to laying hens.”

scotroutes

…with gherkins.

bigjim

Quorn gives me terrible indigestion and heartburn, I really can’t eat it, even since being on omeprazole. I don’t know why as other fungi are fine. It is probably the most processed food in the world so it might just be too ‘artificial’ for me.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    i dont eat it as i am a vegan [ it has egg in it]

Same here, have you tried the Fry’s stuff?

FuzzyWuzzy

Surely it’s more cruel to the hens if they don’t lay eggs?

Junkyard
    Free Member

nom nom nom

Just had some of the slicing sausage for dinner

better than redwoods stuff IMHO

TBH I almost never eat pretend meat as it is just such a long time ago I dont miss it

PS their chocolate is awesome too – Surely not the same company?

EDIT: can we do BS omnivore Bingo tomorrow as i am busy today?

AlexSimon

TBH I almost never eat pretend meat as it is just such a long time ago I dont miss it

I never missed it even straight after turning vegan.
    Nor cheese
    Never really looked for meat alternatives, but now I’ve got children, some of the other mums buy it when feeding them – makes it slightly easier for them I guess.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

PS their chocolate is awesome too – Surely not the same company?

correct, not the same company.

Drac

i’ve said it before, but quorn is simply Athlete’s Foot with good PR.

Is that what they mean by a good foot up the arse?

sofaking
    Free Member

my mrs ate it twice and was sick twice. we gave up on it after that

bigyinn
    Free Member

How do you turn vegan? Eat nut cutlet and convert? Or did you, in fact, choose to become a vegan?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Not at the same time – but a couple of days apart – just like if it was a “bug going around”

exactly and when she ate it I was fine ! could have been a bad batch or just plain old food poisoning but the fact I was fine after being sick is strange…Im blaming the quorn ! never liked it anyway !

Junkyard
    Free Member

How do you turn vegan? Eat nut cutlet and convert? Or did you, in fact, choose to become a vegan
    ooh pedant fail there

the act of changing or reversing the direction of the course; “he took a turn to the right”

It does not suggest a lack of choice as that would be straight after being forced to turn vegan

PS if you were confused it is because eating meat makes you stupid 😉

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Im not the only one with an allergy to quorn are you ?’ is closed to new replies.