Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I’m not saying it’s aliens, but….
  • matt_outandabout
    mashr

“sweaty robotic finger” indeed

JAG

Yikes!

nickc

Do none of these “scientists” ever watch horror/sci fi? Everybody knows where this is going…

mashr

Everybody knows where this is going…

The places I can think of aren’t suitable for a family friendly forum

Beagleboy

Apparently, in the olden days, that used to happen quite a lot in labs. Benchtop centrifuges didn’t always have lids, or weren’t always used with them. Fluorescent strip lights in the lab and the centrifuge spinning at just the right speed would make it look stationary…..

Goodbye fingertips!

I still have all my fingers because my benchtop microfuge has a lid, I’m rubbish / too lazy to balance it properly so it usually rattles around the bench, and I bought it specifically because it has a ring of coloured LED’s around the spinny bit when it’s switched on.

Safety first kids!

onehundredthidiot

No they obviously don’t watch sci-fi. “Skynet is a family of military communications satellites, now operated by Airbus Defence and Space on behalf of the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD).”

matt_outandabout

I have just sent this exact image to my brother as he wakes up from an operation to put plates and pins in his wrist after a bike commuting tumble a few days ago….

fasthaggis

Freaky Finger Friday.

Oops,sorry wrong thread.

😉

johnx2
    Free Member

my benchtop microfuge

humblebrag of the day

has a ring of coloured LED’s around the spinny bit

ah. Not so humble.

JAG

These things…

Fluorescent strip lights in the lab

Should not be anywhere near rotating objects. I’m an Engineer and when I was doing my training I was told that flourescent tubes are banned from Engineering workshops because of the 50Hz flicker which can make a lathe or milling machine appear static!

sirromj

Didn’t they make a whole rabbit years ago now?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ann Summers got that patent

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.