Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • I'm not racist but….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Whilst the OP holidays in a destination where the locals are exploited/paid a tiny portion Exploited by who & paid by who exactly?
    Apart from Cashew Nut production Hora, have a wild guess where Goa’s other big income comes from. I mean I haven’t Googled it but I’d say tourism comes high on the list.
    Have you actually been to Goa?

hora
    Free Member

Wow its run like a co-operative run by the people?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Oh dear this thread’s a gone a bit wrong.

piemonster

Hi mum

hora
    Free Member

Did it start right? Naivety over where tourism income goes. ‘Jobs’ doesnt mean well paid or a good cut of the profits.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh dear this thread’s a gone a bit wrong.

Unfortunately as soon as you mention the ‘R’ word it usually does.

I’m outta here.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Grr bloody russians. They’re all the same, etc. Nice one

I’m not racist, I’m a racing cyclist.
    Is that near enough ?

hora
    Free Member

Bye. Remember to shake hands with the overpaid staff when you are back there 😉

killwillforchips
    Free Member

OP, no one likes the French; thats just a given not racism.

😉

Northwind

Not true, I’ve met some french people I liked. Well, one.

piemonster

In defence of former Soviets, they are not all drunken nut jobs

Some are just nut jobs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MustangWanted?feature=watch

nick1962
    Free Member

Where by far the ‘worst’ people in terms of behaviour and attitude are amongst the white, working class ‘traditional EastEnders’ who seem to think they alone have sole right to live in the area.

Nah! They all moved to Essex years ago.

Kevevs
    Free Member

There’s a french girl at work. She’s quite hot fair do’s

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

That will put an end to the thread! Say what you like about any race, use any perjorative or derogatory term you like, but make the slightest intimation that you find a woman attractive and you get closed down.

I’m almost at a loss as to why the mods tolerate this crap, almost, because actually, there is one possible explanation

Kevevs
    Free Member

Are you intimating that the mods may be slightly gayist ernie.that’s wrong on so many levels..

slimjim78
    Free Member

thought better of it

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Voor die slot is all I have to say about it.

hora
    Free Member

The French had 40 different governments inbetween WWI and WWII.

What would that do to ANY populace?

Then war comes. What are you defending?

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m guessing these Russians aren’t intentionally rude, they have been pretty isolated from western culture and values for a pretty long period of the 20th century and I guess their values and cultural norms are pretty different as a result.

Though as someone who is going to sharm with the family in a few weeks I’m sure I’ll end up having a few run ins with them and come back slagging them off royally…

rogermoore

I don’t think I’ve ever properly met a Russian. However, I’m sure some of them are norks and some of them are stars and the rest are somewhere in between.
    I did once watch ‘Enemy at the Gates’ though, was surprised at their accents.
    RM.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

As per usual…..

What the heck are you talking about Hora?

using long words like as if you’re intelligent! Almost fooled the “populace”!!

Keep them coming I’m pissing my self here!!!

hora
    Free Member

Back in the box Igor.

hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT but Whoa some religous yeehaa’rs abound here:

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=451332874939375&id=7382473689&__user=670495805

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just to bring it back to the original post, my parents ‘wintered’ in North Goa for about 7 years. They owned a house there for about 4 years and rented for about 3 years and made lots of local Goan/Indian friends. Their experience in the final few years concurs with the OP. Being fairly worldly wise people, easy going and tolerant, they put it down to what Loddrik says ^above, but the fact remained that the local restaurant owners and general Goan population they mingled with all felt the same as suggested by the OP. Russia and most of Eastern Europe has a lot of growing up to do, go to any Eastern Euro football game and similar issues towards none white players are obvious. Hopefully attitudes will change over time as the general Russian/Eastern Euro population becomes more travelled and enlightened from the past.

CountZero

killwillforchips – Member
    OP, no one likes the French; thats just a given not racism.

Not true, nobody likes Parisiens, not even the French; they’re considered rude, obnoxious and snobbish.
    Or so I was told by the French people I spent time with in Chamonix and the Parc du Volcans.

bwaarp
    Free Member

This is how I picture the exchange the mods will have with certain posters after closing this thread.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smciRU0d38U[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

What an amazing pile of condescending ignorant crap this thread is. Weird that some people need to show how worldly and tolerant they are by dumping on people from other countries!

stewartc
    Free Member

Those Russians, going over there with their Chas n Dave records, eating fish and chips, getting drunk in the afternoon, dancing to the Birdy song and not learning the lingo, who do they think they are 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘I'm not racist but….’ is closed to new replies.