Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • "I'm not a racist, I just have a drink problem"
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh that’s ok then…

Now, I dunno about you, but I may have bin slightly merry of occasion, but even when I’m so drunk I can’t even remember my own name, I have never resorted to racially abusing anyone. The only people I’ve seen doing so whilst dunk, are thick ignorant scum anyway.

Surely, with alcohol’s renowned ability to loosen one’s tongue, all that will come out is what’s in there anyway. So, true feelings will be less repressed. In vino veritas.

“Everyone who knows me knows I am not racist in any way whatsoever, but this incident has shown me that my drinking is way out of control and I need to take urgent measures to deal with it.”

Bollocks. Most people are able to get paralytic without using racist abuse.

Ah well, with a bit of luck Boots will sever any commercial ties with this nasty boneheaded scumbayg.

jon1973
    Free Member

What a dick. A bit like Mel Gibson, using alcohol as an excuse for being a complete ****.

scaredypants

unfair elfin – some of his best friends are, well, you know, err, 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fourbanger
    Free Member

I’ve said some absolute crap when I’m drunk, that I really didn’t mean. None of it happened to be racist. But that’s not to say we all have to jump on the racism bandwagon for this guy. Does he have a history of racist remarks?

montylikesbeer

Ban all alcohol , that will solve racial intolerance ! He is just another ass with an excuse for being a loon

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just listening on the radio; apparently this delightful person called Ben Douglas’ female companion a ‘****’s bitch’. Nice.

Apologising is at least one small step, but blaming the drink is pathetic and cowardly.

jon1973
    Free Member

Did Wonder and McCartney teach us nothing?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmALA8miQY8[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

If he is a homosexual hairdresser then is he not in minority too?

So is Ben Douglas homosexual? If so the hairdresser might be “flirting” with him … speaking in da gangsta style endearing street language.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just listening on the radio; apparently this delightful person called Ben Douglas’ female companion a ‘****’s bitch’. Nice

Ah..
    I was just about to post that sometimes people make jokes when they are drunk that don’t come out as well as they imagined they would, but that kinda blows my point out of the water somewhat.

djglover
    Free Member

If he is a homosexual hairdresser then is he not in minority too?

Not among hairdressers…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The bloke’s made a judgement based on the colour of someone’s skin, then used deliberately offensive language to insult that person.

Racism. Simple as that. No defence.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

but even when I’m so drunk I can’t even remember my own name, I have never resorted to racially abusing anyone

I totally agree. 100% agreement. Yes, you are right.

But you are playing the race card again you know.

😛

Markie
    Free Member

Surely, with alcohol’s renowned ability to loosen one’s tongue, all that will come out is what’s in there anyway. So, true feelings will be less repressed. In vino veritas.

+1

geetee1972
    Free Member

If a white person uses the ‘N’ word in the same spirit and to try and convey the same meaning as when a black person uses it, does that make it’s use OK and if not why not?

BTW I personally find the word so bad that I can’t even bring myself to type it out.

chewkw
    Free Member

djglover – Member

Not among hairdressers…

But he could be one very queer person on the pull and he was trying to pull the homeboy. 😆

I blame the gangsta style street talking homies for over using all those endearing words to look cool. Just like their trousers falling off their backside. 😆

So the moral of the story if you have deep hatred for some people then avoid drinking alcohol near those people.

ton

not that i am condoning the bloke, but good old singletrack.

never bat a eyelid at a long list of ism’s and ist’s, but anyone or anything to do with the colour of a person’s skin………….get the pitcforks and nooses out…………. 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

then used deliberately offensive language to insult that person.

I didnt hear the radio article but did he set out to deliberately be offensive or did his attempt at “patter” go down like a bucket of cold sick instead?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So racism shouldn’t be tackled or challenged at all then Ton? 😕

anything to do with the colour of a person’s skin………….get the pitcforks and nooses out

Bloody right an’ all mate. No place for racism in any decent society.

Stoner; I gather from what Ben Douglas said, that it wasn’t ‘friendly banter’, far from it.

Good on Ben for not rising to it. By far the better man.

ton

fred, what about other ist’s and ism’s.
    should they be accepted?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surely if he does nothing that is racist while sober, then he’s only racist when drunk…

…and if he stays sober he’s not a racist?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No Ton; all forms of negative prejudice should be challenged. People should be free to be who they are without fear of someone else’s hate.

ton

exactly fred.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner; I gather from what Ben Douglas said, that it wasn’t ‘friendly banter’, far from it.

permission to pitchfork granted then.

Stoner
    Free Member

all forms of negative prejudice should be challenged. People should be free to be who they are without fear of someone else’s hate.

I can just see you nodding sagely at a tory and saying “I respect you for who you are”….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think it’s time we had a virtual lynching of some public figure anyway. Long overdue…

chewkw
    Free Member

You guys are really over analysing the whole situation…

It was a Nancy boy trying to pull another Nancy boy by using the macho street gangsta style talk to pull the other, but the other refused to be pulled because he too wanted to be macho but London style. So the plan backfire.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iau-e6HfOg0[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63M34s8afbo&NR=1[/VIDEO]

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fred, to many on here you are a public figure…

IanMunro
    Free Member

No Ton; all forms of negative prejudice should be challenged. People should be free to be who they are without fear of someone else’s hate.

What if you want to insult someone though?
    By definition you’re trying to be offensive, so referring to anything that may be considered offensive is fair game.
    I mean is it it worse to call a person a ginger idiot, or a black idiot, assuming your aim is to insult?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

True, Al, true, but I am unimpeachable as I never do anything wrong or say anything to upset anyone. 🙂

I mean is it it worse to call a person a ginger idiot, or a black idiot, assuming your aim is to insult?

Well, I spose as you’re using racial characteristics (colour of hair, skin, etc), then both equally bad I’d say.

jon1973
    Free Member

Surely if he does nothing that is racist while sober, then he’s only racist when drunk…

…and if he stays sober he’s not a racist?

Maybe it’s nothing to do with alcohol, but more do do when he gets angry.

ton

when it suits then eh fred?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What are you on about Ton?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Jeez! Sorry to hear Fred………

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Fred, whatever you do, never buy a Dr Dre album, you’ll have an embolism!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear. Not quite awake yet Labby?

chewkw
    Free Member

So what if a person is overweight, cult believer, handicap, female, non-white, homosexual, unemployed, large family, claiming benefits, recent immigrant and calling another person derogatory name?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think it makes them a fatscientologistdisabledladycolouredlesbosdolescroungingslapperallysumseeking idiot.
    But I could be wrong.

user-removed
    Free Member

Well, I spose as you’re using racial characteristics (colour of hair, skin, etc), then both equally bad I’d say.

Disagree. I think you have to consider the historical context too – i.e., centuries of suppression, slavery and racial inequality. Gingers are fair game.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Disagree.

You have the right to your own onion, of course.

But you’re wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘"I'm not a racist, I just have a drink problem"’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts