• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I’m in the poo… How to fix a cracked toilet bowl?
  • chopperT
    Free Member

My fine son, 4 years old, and his partner in crime, brother 2.5yrs, took it upon themselves to fill our toilet bowl with rocks. Well, actually lovely riverstones from the garden. Predictable results, the bowl is now cracked below the water line, wet floor follows.
    Question is, can this be repaired? Fancy epoxy with blu loo camoflage was my idea, but shall I give up and buy a new poo machine for the landlord?

andywhit
    Free Member

New poo machine.

Del

replace.
    you could always try ‘i was just riding along’ i suppose…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I doubt any fix would be permenant, and TBH fitting a new bog will probably be just as quick…..

Stoner
    Free Member

You are John Prescott, and I claim my £5.

🙂

new porcelain time, and as PP says, a piece of piss*, and not really that expensive. eBay is a good source of mistakenly purchased units.

*ya see what I did there? 🙂

G
    Free Member

Insurance job, they do pay out on these.

hora
    Free Member

Turn off the water supply?
    Ask B&Q man which sealant/sealant gun (if you do) you need?
    Cant be hard can it?!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Could be worse, you could do what my friend did in her rented bungalow and reverse a Land Rover into the house, pushing the water pipe through the wall with the spare tyre and shoving the toilet cistern off it’s mountings, shattering it on the floor and leaving bright blue water over the entire bathroom.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

New one on the insurance.
    Just replaces our high level cistern after one of the kids mates swung on the chain…

Sandwich

Replace or someone will end up on the floor (if lucky) having had the bowl fail mid session. 😆

timber

replace Del’ just riding along line to your landlord with ‘I’d been out for curry and guiness last night and it just gave way – unfit for purpose’

thewombles
    Free Member

get a new toilet bowl and you will have peace of mind

for more peace of mind replace all rocks in garden with plastic rocks should your little partners in crime decide to rebuild their stone statue

and put sign up “This bowl is for pooing into and not to be filled with rocks” next the said toilet bowl…..then again can they read ? : )

G
    Free Member

On the going whilst having a dump front, that is seriously not funny. I’m in the bogs and loos business (and no before you ask), and the industry is full of tales of people doing themselves a wrong un when the bowl finally gives way. There is no repairing it, it is **** get it replaced.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I’m in the poo… How to fix a cracked toilet bowl?’ is closed to new replies.