• This topic has 24 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gerti.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I'm ill.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyone else?

been coughing since Xmas, aching like Jack McAchey from Acheyville, sneezing like Mr Sneezy & snotting like Joe McSnotville.
    My nose is redder than Rudolphs.

Grrr, I hate having lurgie.

tomhoward

Had some strong antibiotics before Xmas to stop my toe rotting off.

Those antibiotics have apparently given me hepatitis, just been admitted to hospital so they can keep an eye on me…

Feel absolutely fine, so loving hospital. Again.

Kuco

Had a bad eye infection last week that was sorted by local hospital (still on eye drops) other than that pretty good.

Hepatitis 😯 hope you get better soon Tom.

wallop

You’re back in hospital again!?

breadcrumb

Just got over the lurgy.

I don’t get ill very often but turn into a big girl when I do.

tomhoward

Yup, 3rd different one in 4 months. I’m trying to meet everyone employed by the NHS…

funkmasterp

I choked on a bit of Christmas Pudding about a month ago and honestly thought I was going to die. Since then I’ve had a horrendous cough. I have diagnosed myself with Pudding lung

tomhoward

Well, you know what the (STW approved) treatment is…

martinhutch

I have diagnosed myself with Pudding lung

Sounds sherry-us

miketually
    Free Member

Started coughing on New Year’s Eve, got gradually worse, been off work sick this week. 50:50 on whether I’ll be in on Monday.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Been feeling very rough so living off lemsip all week and working outside on nights but the money a night was too much too turn down. Boringly though I’ve been told I need glasses for reading.

GWS Tom Howard.

redmex
    Free Member

I was at the dentist had been suffering badly with tooth ache on Sunday, course of antibiotics to reduce the swelling but bottled the tooth extraction
    I need time to prepare its been 35 years since i had one out my excuse was the slight swelling and the dentist said it may hurt
    Cant be arsed with the root canal for a rear tooth too much time mouth wide open and then the payment

mattyfez

You won’t feel a thing with a good dentist.. I’m half way through an £800 treatment plan.

It seems you have to pay for proper dentistry. Then I’m gonna need about 3k for a couple of implants. A sign of the times.

tomhoward

Boringly though I’ve been told I need glasses for reading.

Any comment on the thickness of the lenses?

hodgynd
    Free Member

No I’m fine ..but my Dad is even finerer ..just been given the all clear at the RVI at Newcastle today ( long long story ) so he can now get his driving licence back..Ive been on shared chauffeur duty for the last 6 months ..however as an aside to that he was also told that the beta blocker he has been on for the last 20 + years has been completely unnecessary! 😯

edd

I’ve spent today in bed feeling rough. 🙁 (First time in nearly 20 years I’ve been in bed for the day.) Judging by how I’m feeling now I don’t think that there’s much chance of me getting up tomorrow either. 🙁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I suspect my colleagues will be substituting my real lenses for fresnel lenses at some point.

tjagain

tomhoward – Member

Yup, 3rd different one in 4 months. I’m trying to meet everyone employed by the NHS… [/quote]

*Waves at Tom*

You really don’t want to end up in my hospital. the only way out is in a box

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Oh that sounds like Eastbourne DGH!

tomhoward

You really don’t want to end up in my hospital. the only way out is in a box

[video]https://youtu.be/5EdmHSTwmWY[/video]

*waves back*

ahsat

Full blown household lurgy here this week, which p20 kindly bought home from work. Thankfully the flu like components only seemed to last 48 hours and we managed to stagger it, making room for each other on the sofa. Now it’s just a stinking cold. I was supposed to be spending this weekend painting the bathroom…debating if this is going to happen. p20 has headed back to work for the start of 5 shifts.

kilo

Can’t believe no one has mentioned cat aids yet, standards are slipping on stw

Duggan

Chest infection and no riding or riding running since 8th December. Think that puts me at 5 weeks so seeing my GP on Tuesday though I’m doubtful they’ll be able to do anything.

It’s definitely better than it was but it just will.not.go.away.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

She’s so fit.

gerti
    Free Member

Had that nasty cough with occasional sinus thing for about 4 weeks. Slept on the sofa for pretty much my entire 2 weeks of annual leave. Went back to to work on Monday and instantly felt much better. FFS.

GWS everbody!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I'm ill.’ is closed to new replies.