Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I'm going to ride my bike at 6:00am tomorrow whatever the weather….
  • Kryton57

…damn you dark clouds I will not give in!

Please feel free to leave encouraging statements here:

wwaswas

Give up now and save yourself the worry 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

I believe the standard ending to such statements is “I may be some time.”

Bregante

That’s the spirit

cupra
    Free Member

Me too. Going to bring the wheels and tyres in to the house tonight so that if I need to swap the tyres in the morning then I can do so without suffering the sub zero garage temperatures and freezing cold rims. See I have learned quickly since my -3C fun session in the garage last week!

ktmblag
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as bad weather.. be out Wednesday at 6.30 am come what may….have it

Kevevs
    Free Member

Lucky for you. I’ll be cycling to work tomorrow at 6AM 🙁

1981miked
    Free Member

Jesus loves you and is very proud. I’ll have cheer leaders follow you and shout encouraging stuff for you.

crikey
    Free Member

Although you are a young man now, one day you will be old.

You will look with envy on those younger than you, and will wish that someone had whispered in your ear, when you were young, to never waste even a single minute.

Every ride that you do not do now is a ride you can never do. You will never have this time again, you will never see these minutes, these hours, these days again.

Ultimately, it’s only riding a bike and isn’t that important in any grand scheme, but really, why wouldn’t you?

pnewbery1966
    Free Member

go for it!, I intend to do the same this weekend regardless.. 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

me too i’ll be out this wed night come what may and this sunday as well as i missed out on both this week just gone 😀

Kryton57

Ah cheers I feel so much more motivated! *listens to rain banging on the window*

nedrapier

It’s 6am on Tuesday. It’s Hero Time.

no such thing as spare time,
    no such thing as free time
    no such thing as down time
    all you got is life time… go!
    ‘coz it’s hero time, ‘coz it’s time to shine

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXL4R_keTY[/video]

wwaswas

How did it go?

banks
    Free Member

Still in bed. Wearing his helmet too 😀

MaryHinge
    Free Member

banks – Member
    Still in bed. Wearing Holding his helmet too

FTFY

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

banks – Member
    Still in bed. Wearing Holding polishing his helmet too
    FTFY

Done. 😀

Kryton57

Pretty close. 😀

The baby was up at 3am so I’ve started work early moved back my ride until 11:00 – not long now!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Good luck! I’ll be thinking of you when I go out on my ride tonight at 9pm like every weekday night (it’s when all the kids are tucked in bed) in the foot of fresh snow that got dumped yesterday.

Helios
    Free Member

Dunno what the weather is doing around you but that sounds like a pretty good move to me. It was horrible at 6am here – and now the sun is out and the sky is blue!

Kryton57

Quite glad I did now, a beautiful little 22 mile loop at Z2 to clear my head. Cloudy but avoided the rain.

Might go again tomorrow! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well there you go, sometimes it’s quite nice riding yer bike init 😆

eyerideit
    Free Member

22miles in Z2, How long did it take?

Any hills, did you walk up or go really slow?

Kryton57

eyeride it – 1:32 (road)

No walking up hills nearly 400m climbed – I suspect you thought I was out on the SS?

http://app.strava.com/activities/45044277

eyerideit
    Free Member

Kryton, I assumed you’f be on the road bike. I’ve done some z2 rides on my rollers and find it really hard to stay in it. Just wondered how your got on with the climbs. I don’t think I could stay that low.

Out of interest what’s your range in Z2?

Kryton57

eyerideit – Member
    Kryton, I assumed you’f be on the road bike. I’ve done some z2 rides on my rollers and find it really hard to stay in it. Just wondered how your got on with the climbs. I don’t think I could stay that low.

Out of interest what’s your range in Z2?

Z2 for me is 134 – 146. I’m am out of zone on some of the hills even on the easiets gear going along as easy as I can but I won’t walk to stay in Z2. According to the charts I spent 64% in Z2 on that ride, 1% in Z4, 14%in Z3 and 21% in Z1 (lots of road works and T lights)

Kryton57

Well my mojo is back – popped out again today – same route but backwards. Despite a bit of rain it was very enjoyable!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good stuff.

I worked from hone yesterday and may have finished early for a road ride because the sun came out… Managed a very pleasant 40 miles. Nor mega quick but I haven’t been out for a while.

I’m off work next week and the weather doesn’t look too bad so in hoping to get the big bike out for a bit too. I can deal with the mud, I just hate riding in the rain. We’ve hopefully got a few dry and cold days coming our way.

Kryton57

Nice! I’m sticking with the road as I may enter a Sportive on April 1, think I’ll ride Z2 until then and see what happens. Hopefully, I’ve got a 50 mile ride at the weekend, 2 more short ones after that and might be able to squeeze 50 in on Good Friday.

With a bit of luck the (70m) sportive won’t be too much of a challenge after that lot.

I feel a whole lot better about entering than I did 2 days ago.

theupsetter
    Free Member

Been on the local trail 12 times so far this month, around half of these have started at 6.30am ish.
    11km = 2 laps of Cathkin Breas the Glasgow commonwealth track.

A quality way to start the day.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m worryingly enjoying this road riding lark…took the plunge and got an Allez Sport two months ago. My other bikes haven’t had a look in since!

I’ve got a lot to learn in regards to structuring my rides etc…currently I just go out for as long as I can and enjoy it. I’ve discovered some lovely villages just by riding about and going down roads I’ve never had any reason to go down before. There’s not much in the way of bigclimbs and decents round here but it’s still nice and pretty peaceful…spotted some great pubs to visit in the future. It almost felt like spring in the sun yesterday.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I'm going to ride my bike at 6:00am tomorrow whatever the weather….’ is closed to new replies.