Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • I'm going to be a 'cycle to work' case study.
  • feenster
    Free Member

What did you say?

Will try and listen tonight.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lots of stuff about how it makes you feel great, relatively stress free, fitness etc. I'm that guy that does the 20 mile each way commute not the 4 mile one. Been told it's on just before 6pm.

I'd be interested to know how I came across – was hoping not to appear smug.

binners

Scotland you say? Point out that riding a bike while pissed, as opposed to driving when under the influence, is far less likely to cause the death of other road users

sqwheeler

binners, are you trying to join the rather exclusive club of those of us who failed to spot the 'started 4 weeks ago'? Good job!

Gary_M
    Free Member

At least we seem able to follow a thread on a forum.

sqwheeler

Sorry Gary, I've been unintentionally causing some misunderstanding – your reposting on this was wholly fine and dandy, and reasonable. I was just trying to point out that I was being a div and managed to wade in well after the fact, having not looked at the timing of the initial post. 😳

Gary_M
    Free Member

I know that sqwheeler, I was coming back at binners you just got in the way 😉

binners

Oops. Sorry. I'm not very bright.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

However, employers, councils, planners and policy makers need to catch up with the demand for improved facilities and conditions for cyclist, eg showers and parking, and addressing the growing conflict on the roads. Our road systems are simply not designed with cycles in mind, and that needs to change for everybody's sake

Ok what a lot of people need to realise is that this is being done, I work as a designer / civil engineer for scotlands largest council (wont mention by name incase i get in trouble haha) and pretty much every one of the jobs on my desk is all about cycling provision putting in cyclwe routes and getting us guys off the road and onto proper SAFE enviroments i.e segregated footways or protected carrigeway, the current pecking order for road / footway space goes
    1- peds
    2- cyclists
    3- bus
    4- private road users

our biggest problem is a black hole in the funding there just isnt enough money in the budgets, we are trying just give us time!!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘I'm going to be a 'cycle to work' case study.’ is closed to new replies.