Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • I'm getting laughed at!
  • benjii19
    Free Member

I’ve got my Shimano AM45’s on ready for the ride home. For some reason this means I am a “spacker” in the eyes of my colleagues. I wouldn’t class them as high fashion but are they that bad???

ndthornton
    Free Member

Are they on the right feet?

benp1

worse…

looks like they were drawn up by the chap that designed the shocking slip on lonsdale trainer for sports direct did it on friday afternoon when he was drunk

mintimperial

I am a “spacker” in the eyes of my colleagues.

Well, your colleagues are clearly tossers who think it’s still the early-80s, so who cares what they think?

benjii19
    Free Member

God forbid i put my trouser clips on to stop material flappage on the way home. They’ll all collapse! They still don’t understand why somebody chooses to ride to work.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

benjii19 – Member

God forbid i put my trouser clips on to stop material flappage on the way home. They’ll all collapse! They still don’t understand why somebody chooses to ride to work.

Hang on – do you mean you have your AM45’s on and you’re wearing your work trousers? In which case you are a spacker.

matt_outandabout

You are Kelly McGarry and I claim my £5

Houns

Could be worse. They could be 5 10’s

mrblobby
    Free Member

They probably can’t figure out why you have a pair of flats that can take SPD cleats. Should be either one or the other (unless you are a World Cup downhiller!)

scottfitz
    Free Member

Your riding your bike not at London fashion! Crack on with your ride home, you look great!

benjii19
    Free Member

In which case you are a spacker.

Gaylord.

Thank you all for your support 😉

thejesmonddingo

You could’ve got the MT53s,at least they look like a real shoe 8)

benjii19
    Free Member

They look gash! besides i do relish the piss take!

heuer27
    Free Member

Apparently the tiger does not concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

Think it means ignore them. I have used this recently with work colleagues who snigger at my cycling attire. It seems to work. They look constipated for a second or two ,realise what I’m getting and then tell me to **** off.

Job done!

JEngledow
    Free Member

Why have you changed your shoes already (I suspect I know the answer to this one, is it because your desperate for some attention and this is the only way you can think of getting some)?

retro83
    Free Member

ur shoez r sarcin

benjii19
    Free Member

Why have you changed your shoes already (I suspect I know the answer to this one, is it because your desperate for some attention and this is the only way you can think of getting some)?

I had nothing to contribute to STW and dreamed up this baby.

scottfitz
    Free Member
    patriotpro
    Free Member

From the title, I expected you to be a 29er rider.

Edric64
    Free Member

They do look like they should have calipers fitted

tomhoward

They do look like they should have calipers fitted

this.

Even my colleagues in the LBS take the mick when I arrive/leave in mine…

brakes
    Free Member

:belm:

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

“spacker”

people still use that?

takisawa2

You could walk into a crowded pub/restraunt in a pink lycra Tri-suit. I kid you not. Poor chap.

Lifer
    Free Member

Funnily enough it’s the guy with the expanding waist line at work who is the biggest piss taker when I’m in my gear. I completely ignore him, but am saving up the famous ‘Button it…’ line for a packed office.

fourbanger
    Free Member

They do have a touch of the orthopaedic granny shoe about them.

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm.. They are a rather challenging footwear.

benji
    Free Member

Ignore them, and take it as banter, get it all day, one day they will realize it’s lycra not spandex, best laugh is I’m nice and slim and they all have bellys hung over their belts, one day a get well soon card apres heartattack will be theirs 😈

devs
    Free Member

Stop licking that window, grab your crayons and shout wheee all the way home. You’re just beautiful the way you are.

Pook

Nice and slim? Beanpole with no shoulders more like. And a little pot belly. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

very little cycling attire looks good IMHO so its function over fashion

I would challenge their choice of insult but taking the piss is fine.

benji
    Free Member

Nice and slim? Beanpole with no shoulders more like. And a little pot belly.

Thanks for that tubs 😛

avdave2

I rode home in AM41’s knee length Seal Skinz and 3/4 Semi Drys so you have a long way to go yet. My commute is off road and pretty muddy so I do have an excuse but luckily I don’t run into many people and give it another couple of weeks and at least it’ll be dark on the way home.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I used to get a few comments when I started rocking up in Lycra and proper disco slippers, most of ’em are not sure what to do when (depending on if I’m on the bike or not) I grab my arse/cock, bend in the reqd fashion and ask if they want to feel me.

benjii19
    Free Member

Thank for piping up Pook. I always value your appreciation of my slim physique.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I had no idea what an AM45 looked like until I Googled. All I can say is……………what the blinking heck were Shimano thinking of 😯

julianwilson
    Free Member

Only shoes I don’t get laughed at by my (non-cycling) colleagues are my old shimano ‘casual’ spd’s (grey/black, laces and single velcro strap). My boss thought my defrosters were rugby boots! (I really do not have the physique of a rugby player!)

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Do they not remind you of this?:

lee170
    Free Member

I didn’t know what the am looked like so I googled them,

Holy s**t!!! A very special shoe indeed

tenfoot

God forbid i put my trouser clips on to stop material flappage on the way home. They’ll all collapse! They still don’t understand why somebody chooses to ride to work

One day they’ll laugh so hard they’ll choke to death on their chips. That’ll learn ’em.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘I'm getting laughed at!’ is closed to new replies.