I'm fed up with the European Union and all thier faceless BS.

Home Forum Chat Forum I'm fed up with the European Union and all thier faceless BS.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • I'm fed up with the European Union and all thier faceless BS.
  • Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

The last straw… No more log fires in pubs because it’s a health and safety issue. **** right off Europe. We are an island, We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be…

Freedom!

Moses

You what? Since when?
    That sounds like a Mail made-up story

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Lbc 97.3 fm

cynic-al

You believe everything you hear on the radio?

Anything like this blamed on Europe or H&S is usually horseshit in some way.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s Hore shit.

Stunned Graham Rowson, 60, was told he was in a smokeless zone and risked a £1,000 fine under the 1993 Clean Air Act.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/449465/Health-and-safety-ban-on-pub-s-log-fires

You what? Since when?
    That sounds like a Mail made-up story

Quite – it’s Christmas, great time for spreading some fear-based bs

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Sounds like made up bobbins to me

Is it like polish people eating swans or banning straight bananas?

IME other Europeans just happily ignore EC directives. I suggest we do the same. [serIous face] But our press seem to take it all very seriously.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Stunned Graham Rowson, 60, was told he was in a smokeless zone and risked a £1,000 fine under the 1993 Clean Air Act.

Is that the EU clean air law, brought in as a response to the famous Brussels pea soup fogs of the 50s?

seavers

Talk radio show comes with with twoddle to get the idiots aroused shocker!

mrmo

so he is talking ****ocks then, nothing to do with H&S and everything to do with smog and pollution.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Yup and he can still use the fires just has to use smokeless fuel.

b r

Are you sure its not a UK implementation of an EU directive that is the issue – as AFAIK the EU hasn’t the power to implement anything, and relies upon the member-state to do so, with their own interpretation.

Also nothing whatsoever to do with the EU, the clean air acts are all UK law.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

Is that the EU clean air law, brought in as a response to the famous Brussels pea soup fogs of the 50s?

Yes, they decided that, in spite of Britain being so much more forward thinking and changing its power supplies and considering the welfare of its populace, they’d continue filling Brussels, a city with a large tidal river noted for its fogs, with power station smoke and fumes from industry without a care for the health, or indeed, safety of their inhabitants.

So overzealous were they, that they thought, “I know, we’ll wait 40 years to create legislation to make sure the capitalist pigs and their inefficient industries will damned well pay!”

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Any way pubs can have log fires as long as they’re not in a smokeless zone or if they are use the right burner.

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

The EU isn’t faceless, we elect them democratically

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Get that to the HSE myth busting team.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

Are you sure its not a UK implementation of an EU directive that is the issue – as AFAIK the EU hasn’t the power to implement anything, and relies upon the member-state to do so, with their own interpretation.

*EU Regulations have direct effect in member state law.
    *EU Directives have to be interpreted by member state legislatures and created in local law.

Which country do you think has been one of the slowest at implementing EU law? That’s right, Her Britannic Majesty’s United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

**** Daily **** Mail whinging **** need to get a **** grip.

If you’d just invoked immigrants or cancer I would have given this rant 10/10. Dubious source, swearing, rhetoric, even the briefest of research reveals the whole thing to be baseless and completely misdirected. Have you considered standing for UKIP?

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

No real hope for the future of this country. We’ll be voted out of the EU based on a bunch of lies…

The last straw… Believing some toss about No more log fires in pubs because it’s a health and safety issue. **** right off Europe. We are an island of Daily mail readers, We shall defend our island ignorance and inability to use google whatever the cost may be in making us look foolish…

Freedom Education and free thinking! Not round here, thank you very much

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Yep got more time for the EU and some of the good it’s done and would take it any day over the ignorant hate filled bile that comes from the mail, express and radio talk shows.

More of this sort of stuff would help
    http://www.sbs.com.au/goback/
    Mostly take a load of “I’m not a racist but….” types and show them why people are trying to seek asylum.

poly

Can always move to the Ukraine!

bloodynora

More bothered about my taxes bailing out basket case economies like Ireland and Cyprus TBH

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Have the EU not banned baby Jesus’ birthday this year then? I bet they have, the bastards, well them or the Muslims. Mind due it was probably those Rumanians. I herer they are all criminals, though I haven’t met one. The Poles mind they’re ever so nice one of them fixed my boiler thee other day dead cheap he was too, didn’t even want a cup of tea, they’re a funny lot really.

Junkyard

bloodynora wrote:

More bothered about my taxes bailing out basket case economies like Ireland and Cyprus TBH

are you not worried it also went on our banks, at some considerable costs socially and economically. Shall we ignore that fact and pretend its a Euro fault..the bastards etc

bloodynora

You might be happy to bail out those bastards as you call them but I’m not. Roll on the vote

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Those bastards and their economies are different legs of the same table…

IanW

Quite like mainland Europe, they seem to make better decisions than the UK. Have better food, better work laws, better retirement, better communities, less stressed , less fat.

Based purely on possibly unrepresentative first hand experience.

piemonster

Those bastards and their economies are different legs of the same table…

Nah, we’re Britannia mate. Left to our own devices fully independent and self sufficient at all levels. No international economics or politics effect us on our sacred untouchable isles*
    *this may well be bllx

Premier Icon muddy@rseguy
    Subscriber

You forgot to mention single mums, feral children, people who don’t hold doors open, careless parking and those young people who wear jeans so low their y-fronts are on show who insist on playing their transistor radios VERY loudly with their modern ” hippity hoppity music” that causes cancer.

Bring back the birch I say and while we are at it we can also bring back the glorious elm that all the flippin foreigners poisoned in the 1970s, oh yes they said it was only insects but they were foreign insect sent over to kill the trees….foreign unemployed insects that were here illegally and all on benefits.

😉

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

errrm, so other than the UK law about burning stuff in a clean air zone that’s been around since 1956 (amended 1993) is there anything new from the EU about wood fires in pubs?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Lol at all the scoffing, but I can’t believe there isn’t others on here who believe we had some of our civil liberties removed due to agreement with euro law. Understandably we get more than we give, but let’s face it with the exception of our currency, we are actually “Europe” now aren’t we? This is of course partly of our own making – for example the wielding of our national flag is often perceived and therefore questioned as an borderline racists act in some cases forcing some to be timid in its use.

I’d prefer – for all nations not just us – that a sense if national identity is preserved. I love travelling to other countries and experiencing different cultures, but how long before travelling in Europe will be, well travelling in Europe, whereby you can pretty much explore any European culture on the shelves of Sainsburys?

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Kryton57 – Member
    Lol at all the scoffing, but I can’t believe there isn’t others on here who believe we had some of our civil liberties removed due to agreement with euro law.

Such as?

Understandably we get more than we give, but let’s face it with the exception of our currency, we are actually “Europe” now aren’t we? This is of course partly of our own making – for example the wielding of our national flag is often perceived and therefore questioned as an borderline racists act in some cases forcing some to be timid in its use.

We’ve always been Europe FFS, look at history book.

I’d prefer – for all nations not just us – that a sense if national identity is preserved.

What’s our national identity then? I’d prefer if we got rid of this petty ‘Nations’ nonsense and began to properly move forward in cooperation rather than competition.

I love travelling to other countries and experiencing different cultures, but how long before travelling in Europe will be, well travelling in Europe, whereby you can pretty much explore any European culture on the shelves of Sainsburys?

Don’t really know what you mean by that, but culture in Sainsburys?

ur doing it wrong

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

We’ve always been Europe FFS, look at history geography book.

ftfy

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Well that too, but in terms of involvement with ‘the continent’ (which we are still part of, obviously)

Junkyard

I can’t believe there isn’t others on here who believe we had some of our civil liberties removed due to agreement with euro law

i agree, there are indeed idiots out there

for example the wielding of our national flag is often perceived and therefore questioned as an borderline racists act

i think that was the fact that the flag* became associated with racists and left folk reluctant to fly it lest they look like them- it has nothing to do with the EU.
    * I assume you mean the England flag here

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘I'm fed up with the European Union and all thier faceless BS.’ is closed to new replies.