• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by blitz.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I'm calling spring – I've mowed the lawn and been for a mud free ride [PICS]
  • Alex

Not of the lawn. It’s an absolute horror show. I’ll be posting in the chat forum for ‘Mole Killing Explosives’ later on 😉

Bluebells waiting to be blue.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RJVZpo]Spring in the woods[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Bike is only dirty from BPW earlier in the week.

Horrible wet run in now dry and grippy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SQ8jWX]Spring in the woods[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

I know it might still snow and it will certainly rain and the trails will be rubbish again for a bit, but that first mud free ride… brilliant. 10 days ago these very trails were just horrible

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rw4fnd]Shades of Red[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Amazing how quickly they’ve dried up. Anyone else having a mud free skive?

Drac

it’s about 4c here today. 😕

patriotpro
    Free Member

Trip to BPW AND a mudless ride in the same week. Now that’s just showing off… 🙁 😉

iainc

7 deg, 40mph wind, horizontal rain 😯

nedrapier

I’m riding home off road, a lovely thing to do in the summer. But it’s not as warm as I thought it would be when I left the house this morning. I might have to cycle faster than I’d want to, or buy another layer before I leave.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just spent the morning with LD of this parish canoeing the river Teith. It was about 3*c, continuous rain, low cloud, fresh snow on hols around us. Hands sooooo cold job…

You can keep your spring….

Alex

Trip to BPW AND a mudless ride in the same week. Now that’s just showing of

I was working from 6am to make the time up for a ride today, and I missed the apparently brilliant Weds night ride due to being on the M42 with most of the population of the w.mids but yeah been a good riding week.

Weather looks a bit iffy now. But in two hours I”m off to the pub!

Alex

I should have said spring in soft herefordshire not anywhere north of that 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tuesday’s commute – no overshoes, shorts with knee warmers
    Today’s commute – overshoes and thick merino socks, full tights

Spring may be coming but it’s not here today. This is around the beautiful metropolis that is Milton Keynes.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

2 days ago Cumbria was bathed in Spring sunshine. Now knee high in mud and rain. **Sigh**….. 😕

scaredypants

Been out for a ride in the forest of new with my lovely wife

NOT mud-free (I mean, big areas of it are bogs) but for mid-March, not bad at all

Alphabet

I mowed the lawn mid week. Don’t think I’ll be getting a dry ride this weekend though. In fact I probably won’t get out for a ride at all.

davosaurusrex

South Downs last night, few puddles but also dusty in places, was lovely

chakaping
    Free Member

2 days ago Cumbria was bathed in Spring sunshine. Now knee high in mud and rain. **Sigh**…..

Pretty much this, but 50 miles south.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Shrewsbury / Newtown was bathed in sunshine most of this week whilst I was there, it was more summer than spring.
    Back in The ‘Diff today, overcast, colder, but still very dry.
    It’s all very good news in my book.

Alex

Forecast for next week looks pretty dry as well. What this means of course is it will rain for 40 days and 40 nights starting May bank holiday….

core

Actually dusty on the back lanes here at the moment (also Herefordshire)………..

dumbbot
    Free Member

Has not stopped raining all day,…all fnurking day 🙄 This is Scotland though so hardly unusual,spring,…nope.

hooli

Drying up nicely here too, I was out Monday night and last night and I was surprised just how much it had dried out between the 2 rides.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Nope, it’s not spring, i still have my winter beard.
    Shaving off my beard is the official beginning of spring, and I’ll let you know when this happens.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not spring riding attire this morning.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I mowed the front lawn 8 days ago…and trimmed some plants not because of the signs of spring.

Because the dustman was collecting the green bin, so thought I’d best fill it up.

I’ve also washed my fatbike 3 times since..

mark90
    Free Member

After BPW yesterday my kit went straight into the washing machine without needing to be hosed off in the garden first. I can’t remember the last time I did that that.

Today I cut the grass, well what’s left of it after the flipping leather jackets have decimated it. Now waiting for the ground to warm up enough to attack the little buggers 👿

blitz

The trails here in Kent are already good to firm to use the racing parlance. Been out for three rides this week and the bike has gone through the house and straight in the garage each time without a scolding from the wife = spring

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I'm calling spring – I've mowed the lawn and been for a mud free ride [PICS]’ is closed to new replies.