Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’m an idiot and kudos to bike-discount
  • wishiwascalledsteve

I ordered a silver Funnduro stem late last year from bike-discount (I was looking at other sites).

The stem duly arrived on time, but it is a gun metal grey colour, rather than the polished silver I was after.
    I definitely remembered the picture for the stem viewing polished silver, so I emailed requesting an exchange or refund.

They replied saying although the site says silver, the colour and website shows it as the darker gun metal. As a gesture of goodwill they would issue a 15euro gift voucher.

Although generous I replied with a screen shot of the page with the polished silver stem and a note saying they aren’t delivering to UK at the moment, so the voucher was a bit useless.

Less than a minute later I got another reply saying, that’s not our website and we are delivering to UK!

Yep, that’s right, I ordered from bike-discount (whos website clearly showed the ‘silver’ as gun metal) and then kicked up a fuss because I had mistakenly confused the bike-24 site with theirs.
    I obviously apologised for my idiocy and they still sent me the discount code…. Even though they had done nothing wrong

cheekysprocket

Aye, we’ve all done it! It’s nice to hear someone bigging up good service.  Tagging them on Instagram or Twitter will bring it to theirs and others’ attention, which companies always appreciate. Too often, folks use social media to complain, but not to publicise the good things that happen. Nice one!

jimmy

Bit like MsJimmy taking back an inflatable mattress to John Lewis after it split. JL were initially insistent that they hadn’t stocked that model in beige, only blue. At this stage, she realised she’d bought it from Argos but JL honoured the warranty and exchanged for a new one. She’s not proud of herself (I am).

oxym0r0n

I did a similar thing – although bought a new Onza tyre and Tune tubeless valve (thinking I’d ordered two as most of the others come in pairs) as I was paying postage anyway.

One valve arrived – I emailed and asked whether they would waiver the postage cost if I just ordered a second valve, explaining my mistake…

They did and the valve arrived in a massive box!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I’m an idiot and kudos to bike-discount’ is closed to new replies.