I'm after a strong but light weight 27.2 seat post any idears ?

Home Forum Bike Forum I'm after a strong but light weight 27.2 seat post any idears ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I'm after a strong but light weight 27.2 seat post any idears ?
  • fozworth

I’m about 13 stone and am building a ss mtb with rigid front end . I’m after a light weight seat post to keep the weight seat post 27.2 probably 400 plus length to give it a bit of strength In the frame as I figure 350 might be a tad short ? Any proven posts for this sort of build . I’ve had also of Thompson posts and my full sis has a Master layback fitted thought about the Elite straight post as a contender.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

I’m a bit heavier than you and have used Thomson, Roox S5 and Race Face – all great, with no problems.

Carbon haven?

porkypig

SDG i-beam, comfy, light ans solid!

matther01

I run a pro koryak 400mm…might not be to you weight liking but was cheap at £35 and very comfortable

sfinnie

Running a race face next sl 27.2×400 on my rigid ss (carbon). Light and strong. I am also comfortably 13st and haven’t had any problems. Very pleased (with the post – weight, not so much… 😀 )

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Race Face ones on my bikes. The type where you set the angle by sliding a collar up/down the post that is linked to the clamp behind the post and it pivots at the top.

Solid as a rock and I make you seem light on the mass!

ken_shields

Van Nic Ti post….. comfy as fook

Premier Icon ceebee
    Subscriber

Thomson Elite is very strong superbly finished and a decent weight if a little unforgiving.

PeterPoddy

CRC are selling Comtrol Tech Team Issue posts for just over £20 right now. I know they’ll hold more weight than you (me!) and you won’t even get close to how good they are for under £50

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=19622

Premier Icon ceebee
    Subscriber

Thomson Elite is very strong superbly finished and a decent weight if a little unforgiving.

toys19

on one do a pivotal seat post, I would never have considered this but it came on my macinato, and I blooody love it. Needs a pivotal seat, but the combo is dead light.

You need to have a reasonably hard arse to find it comfy, which is not an issue for me..

mikemorini

I’ve used both Thomson and Nukeproof warhead seatposts on hardtails with no problems and I’m the thick end of 15 stone.

Mike

b r

+1

SDG I-Beam post and seat, nothing (in the real-world) is lighter for the price.

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

Race Face –

The type where you set the angle by sliding a collar up/down the post that is linked to the clamp behind the post and it pivots at the top.
    Solid as a rock

mine was, until the top clamp piece popped off the post leaving the saddle pointing at my ass.. binned it ( I’ve bent and broken clamps on a fair number of posts, all stopped when I started to use Thomsons. Eriksen is lighter and maybe a little flexier but not much, wonderful quality at a price. Van Nic ti posts are flexy but bend easier than they should, a few reports of that inc mine by a tiny amount.
    Pro Koryak – no issues there, used one for quite a long time. Ritcheys are made in the same place, good factory.
    Syntace P6 – had no probs with the carbon version and it seems really well made, good clamp design, but I still moved it onto my road bike in the end.

That Control Tech does look like a good bet for the £.

fozworth

What about the control tech monoc carbon post on sale at £64 at crc normally £160 odd
    I’m quite interested

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I'm after a strong but light weight 27.2 seat post any idears ?’ is closed to new replies.